1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

55gal seahorse set up

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FishBrain, Apr 20, 2009.

1. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Nice Bill, Are they in a separate "System" from your reef? Where did you end up getting them?

2. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    Yea it is a separate system. I ended up buying them from liveaquaria.com. I was going to go with seahorse sourse but I am poor so I had to take the cheap route LOL. I am pleased with the horses but I also ordered a trigger for my aqqressive tank I ordered a medium and got a small also they had cold packs in the box which I don't think needed to be there the water was very cold when they got here. But all fish are eating and healthy so I guess it's all good.

3. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sweet setup Bill! Looks like they all made the trip in good health.

4. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Wow, I didn't realize LiveAquaria had that good of price on them. What temperature are you going to keep them at or what temperature are you supposed to keep the Kelloggs at? I know most are at cooler temps.

5. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    Thanks Rick! Joel I am keeping the tank at just under 74 which is what seems to be the best temp for them from what I have read. They are totaly cool! I thought they would be slower to move around and spend most of the time hitched but these guys are all over the place hunting pods.

6. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Keep us posted as to whether they eat frozen or not, I would be very interested. It seems like that is the key from what I have read unless you keep feeding live. But if there are enough pods that should work I guess. But I bet they can eat a bunch.