1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Any obvious problems with the website that need to be addressed?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by JB, Dec 31, 2008.

1. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I have minor suggestions. Add the ability to copy and paste a URL into a message without have to go to the html view. And make the URL clickable. That's about the only thing that bugs me.

2. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Something that's a bit irritating is when you're looking thru old forum posts, go to a page other than page 1, click a message, when you go back, it always loads up page 1. Is there something that I can do to go back to the page I was just on? Very minor issue, if nothing can be done about it, that's cool...more of a nit-picky thing than anything else.

3. Big Country

Big Country Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have the same problem apjohnson has...I usually right click on the older messages I want to see and open in a new browser.  That way I can click through the different pages of my search and never hit the back button...

4. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    The problem you guys are describing is actually something you can fix by changing a setting in your profile.

In your forum profile settings, just uncheck "Use Ajax".

AJAX introduces lots of problems with the back button because you never actually change pages.

-JB

5. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was hoping there was a setting somewhere that would fix this issue. Thanks Jason!!  I've changed my settings.

6. Big Country

Big Country Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Excellent - that was easy...wish I would've asked about that a while ago now...thank you, Jason!

7. h2so4hurts

h2so4hurts Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    AJAX is only good for certain processes i.e. form submission or updating dynamic content in one frame of a site. Too many people use AJAX improperly because it's "cool and trendy" in web design. Kind of like flash based pages in the late 90's

8. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was just curious about our profile pages being updated. I was going to post what I have in my tank and where it all came from. But I don't want it as a signature or listed with my avatar on each post.

9. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Your forum signature is separate from your profile information.   I think that the only thing that they will eventually share is your avatar but I think even those are separate for now.
    Once I "flip the switch", your forum avatar will link to your profile page.    Hopefully the next version of the software (due out tonight) should kill most of the nasty problems that's preventing me from doing that.
    -JB