1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Any serious interest in a LiveAquaria order?

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by nickbuol, Jan 15, 2013.

1. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I am looking at picking up a couple clownfish and firefish which comes to about $48. A bit short from the $225 needed for free shipping.

Just putting some feelers out there. I would be looking to iron something out right at the end of the month (ordering on January 31st) since I will be home that Friday to receive the shipment.

2. HarleyHawk

HarleyHawk Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    You can count me in there is a couple that I have been looking for.PM me

3. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    I'm sure I could find something to buy off live aquaria.

4. Reefified

Reefified Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would easily spend some cash. I will let you know exactly what I want the week of ordering.

5. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  6. Ray

Ray

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Very cool fish. Nice colors...

7. mfisher

mfisher

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If its anything like the small pseudochromis i've owned, that thing will be impossible to keep with anything. Beautiful though, like all those little terrors.

8. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    OK. I've never done one of these before, so if anyone has any experience from a previous group buy, let me know.

Otherwise, get your lists together and I will be contacting anyone that shows interest via PM about 1 week prior to the order and then again a confirmation 1 day before the order.

9. bearsareawsome Well-Known ReefKeeper

Norwalk, IA
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    What you mean imposible to keep. What can you put in the tank with him?

10. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I am like many! I am sure I could find something to buy../DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/smile.gif

11. saltclg

saltclg Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    where r u located??? ill order some things

12. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    He is in Cedar Rapids Area!

13. mfisher

mfisher

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Pseudos are pure evil. I had a strawberry once that killed or tried to kill everything in my tank-tang, firefish, clowns, etc. they are pretty feisty. Not sure what to keep with it, but i'd bet big tangs, triggers, etc would be ok. Only the toughest non-predtors probably.

14. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    It should show above my avatar that I am from Marion. Just south of 29th Avenue and a little west of Hwy 13 if that helps people with my general location in case they want to figure out drive distances, etc to see if you are wanting to make the trip to me.

I will be off work all day on Feb 1 (a Friday) and I can babysit the stuff and make sure none are DOA. Obviously they should be picked up as soon as possible as I don't want to open any bags that I don't have to so that the water doesn't go totally toxic when hit with air. I can float bags in my 120 to keep the water at a decent temp.

Otherwise, if we have enough interest, we could split the Saturday delivery upcharge (only $15) and just plan for late morning/early afternoon pickups on that Saturday.

Looks like the standard practice for this is that once the order has been confirmed here, I will have each of you send payment no later than the day BEFORE the order (since I have to order by 9:30 am) via paypal. When things are sent as a gift, it sounds like I shouldn't get dinged paypal fees. No need for me to cover the fees and no need for people to have to pay for the paypal fees if they can be avoided.

Then I will place the order and confirm with everyone. Again, start planning, I will hit people up for their anticipate order on January 25th and then need final confirmation and payment by January 30th (unless we all opt for Saturday delivery, then final order and payment will be January 31st at the latest).

Keep in mind that you can make your list from the regular site and/or the Diver's Den and they will still ship for free if the total is $225 or more even though they regular stock and Diver's Den ship from different locations.

15. HarleyHawk

HarleyHawk Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    nickbuol do you have a paypal account if so what do you think of having people that are buying in send you there list with the money to your account. Then you just place one big order. everyone just send the money to you as a gift. No money No order! If for some reason
    the items cannot be ordered you just pay back to them through paypal

16. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0

That is exactly what he said in his previous post lol.

Paypal is usually the easiest way when the order has the potential to get pretty expensive.
    The Bluezoo group buy I just organized I footed the bill and everyone paid me cash when they picked up their livestock. Not everyone has paypal accounts, and I'm not a big fan of using it.

17. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    What would you have done had they not paid?

Money can be sent through Paypal for free and it is pretty quick to set up an account, but I guess depending on the person here I could do cash at the time of pick-up. I am thinking that the person would need to be a member and/or be someone who is highly "trusted" here whatever that means, LOL.

For those that are wondering, I haven't been around here for years like some others, but I've purchased my RO/DI, sump, 120 gallon rr tank, stand, hood, live rock, live sand, pump and more from a variety of members and users here so I've hopefully earned some "cred" myself :)

18. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    Not something that I was really worried about, but if they didn't pay I would have thrown their stuff in my tank and kept it for myself. No big deal for the stuff we ordered.

19. jstngates Experienced Reefkeeper

Toledo Iowa
    Ratings:
    +40 / 1 / -0
    I have 400 in my paypal that my wife doesn't know about lol

20. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Ha. Sounds like you should get some new saltwater friends. :)