1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Any serious interest in a LiveAquaria order?

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by nickbuol, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    When are we doing this?

2. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I would like final orders from people in about 1 week from today and then I am placing the order in the morning on the 31st for a delivery on February 1st.

3. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Crap... I maybe out! I wanted to buy few Firefish, but my son has a Basketball game night so not sure I would have time to come pick up my stuff. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/sad.gif

4. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Let me know. I will do my best to make things work out for people. I am starting to get a few people sending me PMs with information and to get in on this, so we should have a nice purchase.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************
    **********************************************************************************************************************************************************
    Question to those interested. Would you rather have me place the order for a Friday delivery, or pay the extra $15 total for a Saturday delivery?

I am open to either options.

5. Shayna

Shayna Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Friday works better for me. I would be ok with Saturday pick up if that works better for others, but I'm not interested in paying extra for it.

6. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Just two days away from January 25th. I will need everyone's initial lists to see where we will be at for a total group amount so that we know where we sit as far as hitting free shipping. This is going to be fun! /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Just FYI that I have the names of 13 people that have shown some interest in doing this. Let's say that 10 actually do. And of those 10, I know that we have a couple that are going to spend $50-$75 each (not counting some people that say that they will spend more). We will be able to do free shipping pretty easily.

As people get me their lists of what they want, I will start to post just their userID and location on here so that others can see who else in their area is placing an order and maybe coordinate pick-ups. Might as well save gas money where you can, right?

7. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    I'm going to pass on this one. Just went on a spending spree for some other things, so fish will have to wait.

8. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    No worries. I think that we will still have enough people together. Maybe next time.

9. HarleyHawk

HarleyHawk Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    PM sent to you

10. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I just received the first confirmed order for someone and we are already 1/3 of the way to free shipping. :) No, it isn't HarleyHawk (yet :) ), but as they start to trickle in, I want to keep people updated with how we are doing.

11. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    OK fellow Live Aquaria group purchasers, some good news.

I talked to L.A. and asked a number of questions, and I know that there is always a flux in what items are in or out of stock.

I can open an order today if need be (their policy is up to 14 days prior to delivery), and start ordering items that are in stock. I DO have to pay for them, but *if* that item goes out of stock between now and the 31st, they put it on backorder. That may not sound good, but it means that if that item comes back into stock within another 14 days, they ship it priority overnight for free since it was part of an original free shipping order! Most places would say "tough luck, you have to create a whole new $225+ order, but not L.A. It will ship for free too!

If something is out of stock at the time that you pay and have me place the order, then it can't be added and thus you won't be able to get it as part of this group order.

NOTE: This is for regular items only. Diver's Den items are different. Since the Diver's Den is WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get), if you pick one of their specimens, and someone else buys it before we close out our order, then they get it first. L.A. will offer alternative at that point, but for Diver's Den, I would like to still know what people are interested in, but be aware that the backorder option isn't available for them.

Here is a real life example. I want a firefish (and other items). They went out of stock 2 days ago. I was thinking to myself "figures, now it won't be in stock for my order in a week and I won't be able to get one." Well, they came back into stock today. If I open an order today for my items, then they all will either ship next week or wrose case go on backorder, but I should still get them with free shipping since they are stocked somewhat regularly, but go 'out of stock' frequently too. (Items marked as backorder ship first before that item shows as in-stock again.). If I wait until the 30th or 31st to order, if they were out of stock, I would be out of luck.

Another note, if for some reason, after 2 weeks the item still is out of stock, Live Aquaria will contact me about substituion options, or even the ability to wait another 7 days. After that 3rd week, either a substitution can happen or a refund, which would be your decision to make and I will accomodate as best as possible.

So that is good news. We can start ordering today and keep the order open until the night of the 30th (so that I can close the order first thing on the 31st) and we should all get our items.

So shoot me a PM with anything that you want, the dollar amount for it, and I will get you my cell phone number and paypal account.

I am going to open the order this afternoon or early evening for the items I know about and can add to it daily if need be. Whatever works for people.

This is getting exciting...

12. shawn

shawn

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Lol. Can you copy and paste that to the des Moines order. I would but I'm going this from a cell phone.

13. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Done. Anything to help out.

14. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    One correction to my long statement above. Diver's Den stuff can only be put on the order 2 days before shipping. Sorry for the confusion.

15. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Update: We've got another person committing to the buy. Yay!

16. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I am going to send out PMs to anyone that posted in this thread. Please take no offense if you don't plan to get in on the purchase and I send you a message, I just don't want anyone to be left out.

17. jstngates Experienced Reefkeeper

Toledo Iowa
    Ratings:
    +40 / 1 / -0
    Would anybody be interested in a Saturday order and pay a couple bucks extra each?

18. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I am good either way. I know that at least one other person said that they couldn't do Friday, so maybe they would be in if this moved to Saturday. I don't want to flip-flop around on people.

19. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Order is now opened with Live Aquaria.I've gotten money from a couple of people, and some are waiting on the Diver's Den "2-days before shipping" date in case they sell the items that they are looking at before then. We are still on track for free shipping as soon as a few more orders get confirmed.

Thank you for those of you that I've talked to and are helping to make this happen.

Another update. I am getting more requests to have the stuff delivered on SATURDAY, February 2nd so that more people that work "8-5" and have Friday night things (basketball seems common for at least 2 people). That would add a buck or two to everyone's order, but I think that it makes a lot more sense. Otherwise I was going to be left babysitting potentially a lot of livestock for most of a day as some people were talking pretty late at night before pickup.

If anyone has an issue with that, let me know. I am actually willing to cover a little more than "my share" of the Saturday cost (total is just $15) since it will make my part of all of this a lot easier too.

So keep those orders coming and if you have any questions let me know. I've sent out my contact information to anyone who posted in this thread already, but I get notifications of replies and PMs on my cell phone, so I can get back to people relatively quickly.

Thanks everyone!

20. HarleyHawk

HarleyHawk Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    PM sent Nick