1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Any serious interest in a LiveAquaria order?

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by nickbuol, Jan 15, 2013.

1. jstngates Experienced Reefkeeper

Toledo Iowa
    Ratings:
    +40 / 1 / -0
    Does anyone else want pepperment shrimp? The more we get the cheaper.

2. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Another paid order added. :)

3. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I might add 2 peppermint shrimp to my order. It is a little early for my DT to get a full CUC, but I am "feeding" the live rock, so I am sure that I could keep two plump and happy shrimp in the tank while my fish are in the QT....

4. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Order was updated with additional items tonight. For those wanting stuff from the Diver's Den, they said that they can be added any time AFTER Wednesday at 9:30 am.

I would still like to get some items and quantities from people planning on joining in on this. I just want to make sure that we hit the free shipping. A lot of people said "I am in and will get you my list" but haven't yet or haven't paid yet for what they want. I just want to keep things moving so that we don't have a last minute scramble.

We ARE about half way to the free regular shipping in paid items. Getting to the last bit will be easy with the few items that people mentioned already, so I still am feeling really good about this.

So let me know what you want and shoot me the PayPal and I will add it. Remember, one of the advantages of adding earlier than later is that *IF* your item goes out of stock after your order gets added, they will get you your item(s) shipped for free within the next 2 weeks when it comes back into stock. If you wait and it is out of stock, then it can't be added at all to the order.

5. Shayna

Shayna Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I may be adding a peppermint to my order.

6. jstngates Experienced Reefkeeper

Toledo Iowa
    Ratings:
    +40 / 1 / -0
    K its for Saturday now. Sucks I wanted an Orange Shoulder tang and now they're out.

7. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Maybe they will get more in. If you look at the page for it, they have a LOT of varieties and locations that they get them from.

Although, had you put your order in, it would be on backorder for you instead of out of stock... /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/tongue.gif

No, I completely understand. Making those final decisions can be nerve racking. Here's hoping that they get more in stock.... /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif

8. Shayna

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I feel your pain. Something I wanted went out of stock too. Fingers crossed it comes back in stock quickly.

Wanted to let everyone know interested in ordering that some Diver's Den items went on sale today. Nothing I'm looking for, but there's some neat stuff.

9. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I saw that too (the Diver's Den sale).

Just a reminder that as long as I have the item and funds before or at 9:30 am tomorrow (Wednesday) I can get them on our list and locked in. I was thinking about making the call at 9:15 am to try to beat the 9:30 am "rush" every day.

Also, please be sure to copy/paste my email address that I gave people in their PM here for PayPal. I've had 2 people already have to try to send the funds at least twice because of a mis-type of my email address.

******************************************************************************************************************
    ******************************************************************************************************************
    If anyone is even remotely thinking about getting in on this, send me a PM so that I can get you my contact information before you need it.

10. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    We are just 2.5 hours away from being able to add driver's den items. 9:30 am.....

11. Shayna

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Phoooey! The blue sympodium I'd been eyeing in Diver's Den was snatched up last night. The fish I want did however just come back in stock. I will get my order in for the fish here in the next few minutes.

How many peppermint shrimp have been ordered, can you tell me that? If there will be at least 3 in the order to get the 6.99 rate, I'll add one too.

Back to LA surfing and deciding....

12. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    There are currently 2 tank bred peppermint shrimp, but I am thinking about adding 2 more. I don't think that the tank bred ones qualify for a quantity discount though.

FYI. I just added a little over $100 more to the order. I am at work (in Florida this week) and I am going to go meet with someone until about 9:15 and then see where we are at with additional orders.

Too bad on the blue sympodium. It was in stock when I looked late last night and was quite awesome looking.

13. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    WAIT!!!! I see it still out there!

SW - Blue Sympodium Polyp
    CN-75835, $ 69.99

14. Shayna

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sadly that isn't the same one.... The one in Diver's Den was all smurf blue, didn't have the green. It was 10.00 more but a lot more cool. It's ok, I'm sure I'll find me something else. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/smile.gif The tank bred peppermint's are out of stock now, but they didn't qualify for the discount anyway. No hurry on the response for the shrimp count, but if there are a couple others ordered, I'll add one on. Florida... must be nice! (I'm sure you've heard about the weather here today)

15. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, I was all excited for you not realizing that I was looking at the wrong one.

There are two different tank bred peppermint shrimp. The "Candy Cane" ones are out of stock, but not these:
    SW - Tank Bred Aiptasia Eating Peppermint Shrimp - Monoco
    CN-81389, $ 11.99
    [​IMG]

I know that they aren't the ones that you were looking at though. LiveAquaria said that these are known to have a higher success rate with Aptasia. Maybe it is just good salesmanship. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/hehe.gif

16. Shayna

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the info! PM sent.

17. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Alright. Order is updated. We are now just $6.18 from free shipping. Should not be a problem at all since I am most likely adding a couple of additional items too.

Also, the Diver's Den items update every day at 5:00 pm, so keep your eyes open for new items.

As for delivery, all that Live Aquaria could tell me is that the shipping will happen "in the morning." Since it is Saturday, that is as close as they were willing to nail it down. I know that during the week the priority overnight is supposed to be by a certain time.

I am going to request that people plan to pick their items up by 2:30 if at all possible as we are having a surprise birthday party for my daughter and kids are showing up at 4:00. My wife is already stressing about the party, so I figure that it is the least I can do by having no additional people traffic and having me available for that last 90 minutes before the party.

I will send out more details (my address, etc) to those that have placed an order via PM.

18. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    WE HAVE FREE SHIPPING! Just added yet another item from another person.

19. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    We just broke $310 in livestock. Woohoo!

20. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Thursday is the last day to get in on this. We've well exceeded the amount needed for the free overnight shipping. The order needs to be locked in before 8:00 am Friday, so I would like to have it finalized tomorrow.

For those that have ordered, you should have gotten my address and confirmation of my cell phone number. I will text, call, and/or send a PM when the stuff arrives on Saturday.