1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Any serious interest in a LiveAquaria order?

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by nickbuol, Jan 15, 2013.

1. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I am going to call Live Aquaria on Friday with the final list of items that didn't make it. Anyone that had something die, please let me know ASAP so that it gets on the list. What I have so far verified with them is:
    3 Firefish - DOA (2 for jsntgates and 1 for me)
    2 "missing" peppermint shrimp (jstngates - they didn't sound like they were willing to do anything there since the complaint I gave them was what was given to me about them being too small that they got lost in the tank)
    1 Orange Shoulder Tang that died after a few days (Rookie - I still need some sort of "proof" to give them)

Anything else that died needs to have some sort of proof that it has died. I photo of it dead, etc. It sounds like once you get past a couple of days they start to get more and more difficult to get things on to the "dead" list.

2. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Please see previous message, but I am making this call to them around 5:00 pm today.

I've sent texts to everyone last night, PMs over time, and so forth, so hopefully we are set. jstngates, as previously mentioned, I gave your wife $5 in cash for the two missing freshwater guppies since they were $4.99 I won't be getting those unless you say that you want them and get me $5 back. I haven't checked stock on anything, so I don't know when things will ship. Could be as early as Monday.

3. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Not sure if I should mention it, but the order for the replacement items is in for Tuesday delivery, and if anyone wants to add anything, we can. Shipping is free. Just needs to be in stock and I need payment before I would add it. We have until about 8:00 Monday morning.

4. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Hopefully we are ending this saga today. The replacement fish order (for DOA or items that died over the past 2 weeks) arrived today. Water temps were a LOT warmer than they were 2 weeks ago. Still not awesome like the backorder stuff last week, but still good. Everything arrived alive, although I noticed that FedEx marked that the package was left at the front door, even though the guy handed it to me directly. Hopefully nothing else dies at this point, and hopefully if something does happen, they don't look at it like the package was just dropped at the front door and left for hours.

5. Fultsreef

Fultsreef Inactive User

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I for sur want to do liveaquaria order at some point. Leary of doing so this time of year though. If you do any other future orders though please post your intent to do so on here and i will hopefully have the funds to do tag along for order. They have some sharp looking inverts and corals that i havent seen in lfs around here.

6. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I would be up for it depending on when it is. I don't want to "host" it again anytime soon though.