1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Anyone doing a Live Aquaria order while 20% off?

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by nickbuol, Sep 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Thread was lock by: nickbuol
Reason: Order placed.
Lock date: 02:40 24-09-2015
  1. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I've done several GIRS group orders from Live Aquaria in the past, but looking to maybe just tack some items on to an order that someone else takes the lead on.

There is also a 20% off sale going on until this coming Thursday, September 24. (Coupon code 780/8681)

I have about $85 before discount that I am looking at (mostly clean-up-crew). We would need to hit $225 (BEFORE discount :)) to get free shipping. That means about $180 after discount is all for free shipping. They do now charge 6% tax for CR area as well, but it is based off of the discounted price, not the regular price.

Anyone interested in organizing one of these this week?

2. Fence13 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +300 / 1 / -0
    There was one that was just placed in the Des Moines region. Maybe you should move to Des Moines ;)

3. MadManMadrid Well-Known ReefKeeper

Iowa City
    Ratings:
    +158 / 4 / -0
    Well i got some things that i wouldn't mind buying itll probably be around 85 bucks as well

4. rmclaughlin

Atkins
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I'd be in for some in the CR area.

5. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Anyone want to coordinate this?

6. MadManMadrid Well-Known ReefKeeper

Iowa City
    Ratings:
    +158 / 4 / -0
    I pm you i can have it shipped to my work so its signed for you guys can pick it up in iowa city anytime after 4 thats when i get off

7. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    What works for people to order? If I have to drive to Iowa City after 4pm, then Wednesday and Thursday are the only 2 days that would work for me.

I know that I said that I didn't want to lead the charge on this, but if need be, I could do a Thursday order (last day of the sale) for a Friday delivery, but I would like things picked up before 6pm if at all possible. I have the opportunity to work from home all day Friday so that I could allow me to be able to unbox the items and get them floating in appropriate temperature water instead of sitting about 6 hours more in the box. I live in Marion though. Again, just a possible option if need be.

Lastly, do we want to expand this into the General Hobby forum so that more people see this?

8. MadManMadrid Well-Known ReefKeeper

Iowa City
    Ratings:
    +158 / 4 / -0
    I dont mind driving to marion and i can pick up before 6 no problem

9. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Well, Ok. I can coordinate things. I will need money and orders no later than midnight Wednesday night so that I can place the order Thursday morning. I am also going to make a thread in one of the general topics as well. PM me what you are looking for (include individual prices as an extra level of verification that what I order is what you are wanting) and I will give you my paypal address. I must have payment before I order. My first group buy that I did here a few years ago had me sitting on almost $100 of other people's stuff as people started coming up with reasons on why they couldn't pay or pick up their livestock. Not cool. I ended up selling the items to other people on here, but it was a hassle. the other 4 times I did a group buy went flawlessly with people paying upfront.

10. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Today is the day. I need lists and payments please.

11. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I AM GOING TO CUT OFF ORDERS TONIGHT AROUND 7:00PM AT THE LATEST.

We have some people looking to get some Diver's Den items, which are first come, first served, so in order to increase the chance that everyone gets exactly what they want, I will need to close this down early.

We've hit free shipping! Should actually exceed it by quite a bit. Remember that you can pick from any fish, inverts, or corals. Live foods, rock, and plants are treated separately and really don't qualify.

12. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Order was placed. Ended up with almost $500 in items before the discount. Everything should ship tomorrow and be here Friday. PMs sent to everyone with my cell number and address.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.