1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Anyone doing a LiveAquaria Order in the near future?

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by nickbuol, Sep 9, 2013.

1. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

I figure that after coordinating over $1300 worth of Live Aquaria animals in 2 orders earlier this year, it is time for someone else to do one in the area.

I'm good for $53 in fish, and another few bucks on some inverts (just need a couple more snails).

With my work travel schedule heating up, I don't want to risk taking point on this, and then having some DOA or reship items that get delivered when I am out of town.

2. Big John

Big John Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's why you should use your local fish store. Let us know what ya want and let us worry about the shipping.
    AC&C is just 45 min north of your location!!
    Hope to see you soon!

3. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Tried that. Ordered a pretty common fish from AC&C earlier this year. After waiting 4 weeks, consistently hearing "We didn't/couldn't order it this week." I did another Live Aquaria order of over $750 with others from here.

I've been to AC&C and like what you guys have going up there, so maybe I'll give it a shot again, but let me think about it. I mean the price was higher, there is no guarantee, and the fish never got ordered. Left a distinct distaste in my mouth.

4. Big John

Big John Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    OUCH!---- Well I didn't want to hear that! Craig has been a very, very busy man the last 6/8 months trying his best to take care of things at the store (by his self I might add) while working full time at another business-------THINGS ARE A CHANGIN!!------Craig now wants to get the store open full time again (after almost closing the doors completely) and has hired me to manage things for him, so Nick, I ask you give us another shot.
    We may not be able to make a livestock order ever week, prices on some things have just gotten ridicules, especially shipping, so we are forced to shop around and find the best prices on goods so we can keep them at reasonable prices for the customer, we will find those deals, it just might not be weekly.
    We will be open full time starting tomorrow ,Wednesday the 11th---If I can help you in any way please fill free to call! 319-883-8028

Thanks Nick, John

5. Chris C. Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    No matter what, AC&C is a great option and with John there full time, it looks like they will be back in the game of being amazing!!!!

Look forward to getting up there at some point soon!

6. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    So back on track....

Anyone doing a L.A. order?

7. I'm in for $25 dollars if there's enough interest

8. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, but you are in West Des Moines. It would be quite the drive one way or the other...

9. Sorry, forgot to change that. I am attending the University of Iowa.

10. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Big John, sent a PM a couple of days ago. Some others have convinced me that things are much better and I just had all of the bad luck. I sent you a short list of the fish I am looking for. Hopefully you will see it and get a chance to respond.