1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Anyone into RC Planes?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Bud, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    I've got a bunch of stuff I'm looking to offload:

Controller (6 channel I think, w/trainer switch, it's a good one)
    Servos
    Monokote
    Balsa wood (box of full pieces & scrap)
    Partially built planes (scratch built)
    Box full of misc parts
    Motors
    Fuel tanks
    Possibly fuel & oil

I was hanging on to it in case one of my kids might be interested but I doubt it's going to happen

Have no idea what most of it is worth, can post pics later if anyone is interested

2. jeremy Acro Addict

Davenport, IA
    Ratings:
    +836 / 4 / -0
    When you say fuel tank. Do you mean for vehicle or like fuel barrel?

3. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    I mean the tank that goes into the plane itself, if I understood your question right. I haven't even opened up the boxes of stuff I have lately, I just know that I have a whole mess of stuff.

4. jeremy Acro Addict

Davenport, IA
    Ratings:
    +836 / 4 / -0
    Oops. Sorry. I didn't read title. I was thinking a large fuel barrel. Gonna make a smoker.

5. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    I used to fly them a lot in middle and high school, but haven't at all since then. Still have a couple planes hanging around too. One of them I built and never even flew it. Occasionally I think about getting one running again and seeing if I can still still get it in the air, and more importantly back on the ground in one piece.

6. MadManMadrid Well-Known ReefKeeper

Iowa City
    Ratings:
    +158 / 4 / -0
    @jeremy@jeremy or you can buy a propane tank and make a big one......

7. GoodGreef Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive, IA
    Ratings:
    +239 / 2 / -0
    Youre probably best to just take photos of it all and show someone at Hobby Haven. They probably know someone that would have interest. Thats what I did when I was getting out from flying RC Heli's. The radio and servos probably being whats going to get interest most obviously. There's also been a big shift to electric motors/battery powered RC as the engines and battery tech have improved much over the last decade. So the stuff related to fueled engines might not get much interest.