1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Apex Firmware update to 4.31

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by Kpotter2, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Ok came home yesterday to my tank expecting my Daylights to be on. Nope they didn't come on. First thought was DIY LED went bad and nope not it. I think checked out weather the outlet was suppose to be on yet. I was thinking to myself maybe I am crazy and they are not to be on for another 30 minutes. Nope it seems my apex was not giving me any errors that it was not communicating with the EB8's, but it was not. I finally had to unplug the system and then plug it back on then it worked. It did it 5 more time between last night and today. The last time being around 7am or so I called home to my wife to have he reset it and it worked for the rest of the day.

I got home and called Neptune right away and talked with Paul.

He said that he thought that maybe I was being attached by sniffing program or something like this and said I need to change my Port and Ip and do the New firmware upgrade that it fixed some issues and should salve the problem.

So about 30min later I am up and running and it was easy as pie.

Sure hope this is the fix, but so far so good.

KP

2. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    I hope so too ;0) I got the new firmware a couple weeks ago. I was having problems so they logged on to my computer and did Everything! Wow! This technology just blows my mind Kyle :0) I love the new dashboard!! Turning everything Off and ON is a breeze now! Gotta love the APEX!! ;0)