1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Looking to Buy Apex Help Wanted

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Justin S., Jun 1, 2015.

1. Justin S. Well-Known ReefKeeper

Pleasant Hill
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Will pay money for somebody who can configure my Apex to connect to my computer and run me through it. I'm in Ames. I've tried all day, there's no substitute for an actual person who knows this stuff. Must bring your understanding of computer networks with as well. Contact Me: 815-520-1896

2. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    If you can't find anyone in your area I could make the two hour trip and get you up and running. Would only want gas money and maybe a meal lol.

3. Justin S. Well-Known ReefKeeper

Pleasant Hill
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    That would be awesome! I have no problem with that. Give me a call or text me to make some arrangements!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
  4. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
  5. Nik Experienced Reefkeeper

Windsor Heights
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    i could come help you tomorrow.

6. Justin S. Well-Known ReefKeeper

Pleasant Hill
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    After 2 days and one morning of struggling with this problem I finally borrowed an old PC with an ethernet port from my girlfriend. I updated the PC to Windows 7 because it was totally a mess running slow, then downloaded the Apex firmware update application to the computer. I followed directions on how to update apex without using a router (connecting directly from computer to apex via one ethernet cord). Even after following all the directions it didn't work! Here's the thing... I finally had a hunch that the "Http Port" was important. It was set to something like Http 2345 on the apex! I changed it on the Apex to http port 80 and it worked perfectly! Now it connects to PC or Mac via my regular wireless network no problem! Wow.. What a venture....

7. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    You still having issues? You really don't want to use port 80. Even Neptune recommends changing it. If you on network now I can help you over the network some time let me know. 3193315221