1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

April 10, 2010 CR/IC Tank Tour Stop sign up

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by CyberJester, Mar 25, 2010.

1. bobsfish

bobsfish Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Posted By CyberJester on 03/29/2010 02:06 PM

Thats right, "What about BoB!"

Ok, adding Bob to the list, we will have to shut it down there as that is 7 stops.
    Well...I was surprised, the wife thought it was "ok", so I can be a stop too. Of course, 7 stops sounds like quite a lot.

2. bobsfish

bobsfish Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Posted By JB on 04/01/2010 12:22 PM
    I can be a stop if we need another one in CR. If not, no big deal.
    -JB

Tell you what, though, if JB is also on the tour....I'm going first !!

3. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We should consider putting a LFS or sponsor on our stop list if we're in the general area.

--AJ

4. gravattj

gravattj Inactive User

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Since there are plenty of volunteers, I will bow out of the tour. My tank isn't very spectacular. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

5. gravattj

gravattj Inactive User

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Since there are plenty of volunteers, I will bow out of the tour. My tank isn't very spectacular. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

6. CyberJester

CyberJester Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By CyberJester on 03/29/2010 02:06 PM

Thats right, "What about BoB!"

Ok, adding Bob to the list, we will have to shut it down there as that is 7 stops.

Fishbrain,
    Thanks for the offer bud, however, I really think with this many stops already.  With that drive we would be running until 10 PM.  I will put you guys on a list and see if we can work something out.  I am maybe now thinking that we should postpone Iowa city and south and put together a June tour for that area. That would be 4 great thinks from NL down to you for us to see.
    Jeremy
    CyberJester

7. CyberJester

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Could the following people please PM me the following information
    Real Name
    Forum Name
    Address (Street, City, State, Zip)
    Phone Number

nick
    phishcrazee
    AJ
    williamh
    gravattj
    Kirklinsclowns
    bobsfish
    Also just to look at things and see about a possible southside tour in June and moving some things around.  Could the following people also send me the same information.
    Reefdumb
    JB
    fishbrain
    Chad Varner
    Reddog (sean Dudd)
    Potroast
    Fishbrain, could you see about whether Chad and Reddog would be interested in participating in an event sometime in June.  Potroast could you chime in on whether you would be interested.  as I am trying to find out how many would participate in the NL area and southward.
    Thanks all,
    Jeremy Orchuk
    CyberJester
    CR/IC GIRS Trustee

8. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    Just for the record I totaly mispelled reddogs name it's shawn dunn. I'll get ahold of everyone down my way.
    -Bill

9. Shaun

Shaun Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Close Bill. It is spelled Shaun Dunn. LOL. I have a 55 gallon fish only tank and a bio cube right now. My 90 will be there but empty. Working on its rebuild. I am certianly interested in being a stop and can also provide food.
    I will PM yCberjester with all my info. Shaun

10. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm about 15-20 minutes south of Iowa City and should probably be put with the southern tour (Riverside).

11. adampottebaum

adampottebaum Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Any idea when this will start? I have to work in the morning, depending on how late it starts I might be able to attend. I really want to get down to CR and see everyone's setups.

12. CyberJester

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think we are going to start at 1PM.  Also after looking at the interest I am going to move the NL and south off of this tour and plan one for June. 
    We seem to now have enough people that we can do an independent one up that way.  I am still waiting for a couple more addresses.  I will shoot off emails to those people.  Hopefully, I will have the front page up and the tour schedule up today.

13. Kylie

Kylie Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I like the idea of another in June. I'll have had my tank up for a couple months by then so maybe we could add my new 40g as a stop. I have a small little apartment in Coralville so it'll be a little cramped but hopefully you could all give me some tips /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

14. CyberJester

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

All,
    The tank tour schedule is up and event is ago.
    Please see pinned topic on schedule in this forum.
    Thank you all in the south side for your offers to be on the tour.  The cool thing is there is now enough interest and membership in the Iowa City area to have your own tour.  I have already updated the calender to contain a tour for the Iowa City area on June 5th, 2010.  I will be contacting all of you as the date draws closer and firm commitments can be made.
    We still hope that all of you venture into Cedar Rapids this weekend for the Cedar Rapids tour.  As most of these tanks have not been on a tour before, so it should be quite a show.
    Hope to see all this weekend.  As usual if you have any questions please feel free to contact me, as that is what I am here for.
    Jeremy Orchuk
    CyberJester
    CR/IC Area Trustee