1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

April or May meeting

Discussion in 'Des Moines & Ames Region' started by Guest, Apr 9, 2008.

1. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Sorry Guys (and Rachael), the wife isn't feeling well and I spent most of the week in Mississippi so I am going to head on home. I would like to request that someone take pictures of the projects if you would. I have a DIY Kalk stirrer but I know it could be better.
    Jeremy is bringing the salt.

2. Wayne1

Wayne1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's too bad Ryan, if you get time stop by, you don't want to miss Phil singing along playing Rockband..

3. Philby

Philby Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    no doubt, me singing some twisted sister! thats enough to tear yourself away from submitting resume's on a Friday night! (they aren't gonna see them til monday anyway...)

4. ZLTFUL

ZLTFUL Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Actually, the best potential job emailed me last Sunday. I really hope I get that one...a system admin for a beer distributor!!!

5. Wayne1

Wayne1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks to everyone who showed up. Thanks for bring salt Jeremy and Joel. I'm curious on how yours and Phil's meshmod works..

6. Nykademus

Nykademus Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It's working like a champ. I did have to raise the skimmer body by about 3 inches due to the increase in the amount of bubbles causing it to go crazy. What I get is a dryer skim, but it seems to put out smaller bubbles, so I would say its a better skimmer so far.

It will be a week or two before I can really tell what all has changed and get it tuned in, but I am already sure that I will be happy with it.

Thanks for having people over Wayne, it was a lot of fun getting to know everybody! I look forward to the next time.

7. Philby

Philby Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Mine is also working great! I get a ton more bubbles (I actually get a fair amount coming out of the skimmer into the sump which I never had before) and my skimmate is much darker/gunkier. I probably also need another couple days to make sure its dialed in correctly - but so far so good!

Thanks again Wayne for letting us use your garage/tools/grill, and I'm bringing a string over next time to use as a guitar strap...I don't like sitting down and playing at all....rock bands don't sit down and perform!!!

8. Wayne1

Wayne1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's great that it's working for you guys. Phil, i'll keep looking for the strap, and i'm ordering you a mic. stand so you can sing and play the guitar.