1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Back in the hobby and the GIRS

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Pete78, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Pete78

Coralville
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I have been procrastinating on re-intoroiducing myself here so I thought I would finally post. I was actually a GIRS member about 6 or so years ago. At the time I was setting up a 90g reef and GIRS was an awesome resource. Met a lot of great people and got some really good advice. Unfortunately I never got the 90g up because I ended up taking a new job, got married and moved a couple times and the tank kept getting sidelined .

Fast forward 6 years and I have sold my 90g to a friend who has graciously allowed me to experiment setting up the 90 in his basement. We just got it filled will saltwater today and everything went without a hitch. I am building a house and plan to use the experience I get on his tank to set up a 200g + tank in my new house next year.

I have already met a couple of members who have been a huge help on the 90g and I am glad to have the club again as a resource for both tanks.

Thanks all !

2. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Welcome back Pete!

3. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    Welcome back. Always good to see people getting back into the hobby after having to sideline it for awhile. The Cedar Rapids/Iowa city region is very active and has some awesome members who will help you if you need it.
    You just missed last weekends tank tour, but keep an eye on the regional threads for information on our next meeting.