1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Bad Experience At BoBo`s.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mralanjones, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Bzishka

Bzishka Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    so did you end up using this 20g for a sump?

2. mralanjones

mralanjones Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    As of now, no. I'm ordering new trim for it, and will have someone help me fix it the correct way.

3. Bzishka

Bzishka Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thats to bad. anyway good luck with your project, and sorry about your bad luck

4. xmasia

xmasia Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i cant believe the peeps that replied to this post and been in the hobby for awhile,think that the trade was good.

5. Travis

Travis Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By h2so4hurts on 03/30/2009 08:34 AM
    So it's his fault he was taken advantage of?
    YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!  It is HIS FAULT.  Walmart has dilluted society's view of personal responsiblity in consumer business relations...  The poor me, why me, I always get screwed mentality is BULL CRAP.  Before spending a dollar you better know what you are buying, why you are buying it, and if it is worth that dollar.  If the purchase does not make sense to you, you have the right to walk away.  In this case the purchaser had the item he was trading for infront of him and decided to walk out the door with it, obviously he believed it was fair.  It is not the store owner's fault that others would not have been happy with that same deal.  That is NOT the issue.  If you think this individual was "ripped off" or the deal was "shady" because this individual did not know any better, WHO's FAULT IS THAT????  You can check prices/value of a new 20 gallon right there at the store.  He also paid for the fish he was trading and knows what they were worth then.  People are reading into this making it look like an evil experiance and telling this thread author that he was robbed, he was happy until someone else told him he could have done better...   Live and learn: If you are going to sell or trade something, get what YOU want out of it and move on...  If you can't get what YOU want don't sell it.

Also, he did make a post a while back about his fish and got no response.  I'm all for standing up for LFS's if they're honest and reliable, but this just seems shady.  If the guy took it home and wasn't happy with his trade, the very least BoBo's could do is give him his fish back.  That's just standard customer service.
    Standard at Walmart...  He got to see the tank before leaving the store.  What store owner is going to want to acclimate the fish to his system and then spend the time to give them back later?
    It'd be nice if Gary came on here to post his side of the story.  Unfortunately I think this is giving his shop some bad publicity.
    No matter what he says on here it will get flipped because people love to talk about negative.  His best bet is to stay quiet and let this worthless thread die.

6. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    And on that note I think this thread has had it's 15 minutes of fame. Anyone concerned with carrying it on can PM one another. Thanks Jason

7. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    And on that note I think this thread has had it's 15 minutes of fame. Anyone concerned with carrying it on can PM one another. Thanks Jason