1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Be on TV!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ScubaTodd, Dec 3, 2012.

1. ScubaTodd

ScubaTodd Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My company has been hired to shot a winter promo for KGAN in cedar rapids and we are looking for a specific shot. So Girs came to mind for this one.

I need a male to be using a table saw. The shot is of a man cutting a piece of wood in focus and then rack focus to the guy intenslly cutting the board or just finishing the cut up and smiling into the camera is if to be happy.

We are shooting a ton of shots and its not quaranteed to make the cut, but if it does you will be on television kgan all winter long.

Anybody interested in being an actor? Can pay you, need a recent pic and will only take about 2 hours of your time max.

also around iowa city/ cr would be preferred.

thanks

dustin

call 319-400-7697 if interested

scubatodd-also got a ton of red cap-would throw a frag of that in also /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

2. Tickyty

Tickyty Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Do I need my own table saw?

3. mpivit Well-Known ReefKeeper

Dubuque
    Ratings:
    +28 / 1 / -0
    I nearly cut my thumb off with my table sawwhile building a stand for my 110 on Saturday, so I doubt I'll be able to do it without flinching...... bummer

4. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Does the actor need to have a table saw of their own?

5. ScubaTodd

ScubaTodd Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes- We do not have a table saw, so the actor would need a table saw. The vision for the shot is basically a man working in his garage on a project in the winter time. So if somebody is willing to still be an actor without a table saw. Im sure that we are able to come up with another very similar shot.

6. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

IF you want I have a Table saw and a Garage, but not sure I am actor looking kind of a guy. Maybe I don't know what you looking for. This is the most current picture of myself with out taking one right at this moment. lol If you don't want me you can use my Garage and table saw.. I think you have my number too, but if not I can call you.

/Portals/0/activeforums_Attach/263800_3176952123021_1564443950_n.jpg

7. ScubaTodd

ScubaTodd Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We could certainly use you! my number is 319-400-7697
    give me a call and lets line something up.
    Thanks man!!

8. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    PM'ed thanks

9. ScubaTodd

ScubaTodd Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just wanted to say, "thank you" to anyone who took interest in this thread. Didn't work out with anybody this go around, but hopefully will have more opportunities for another promo like this in the future. You can see the current promo on CBS2 KGAN. Its the commercial with the song "We are the people of the Corridor...Blah blah..
    Let me know what you think if anybody gets a chance to see it. Feedback is key. Thanks

10. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Do they have it anywhere on the website? I didn't see it jump out at me. Kyle, you would have had a better chance if you hadn't worn that GB Packers shirt!

11. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Lee that's my son's 6-0 Packers flag football team shirts. I coach his team this last year and we beat everyone by 3 goals or more. Its true I can't say that about my beloved Greenbay packers,but that's how the cookie crumbles. At least the packers seem to lose to the supper bowl champs. lol