1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Blue Zoo or Liveaquaria order?

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by dead fish, Mar 12, 2013.

1. dead fish Dead Fish

Iowa City
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I need to pick up a couple pieces of livestock and want to avoid the shipping cost. Who else is interested in ordering some time soon?

2. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I might! let me look at what I could order ok!

3. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    I would probably be able to find something to buy.

4. dead fish Dead Fish

Iowa City
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Who else?

5. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    When are you looking to make the order?

I've never ordered anything from Blue Zoo, but have done a large group purchase from LiveAquaria and love (because we used it) the 14 day, no questions asked, guarantee.

I am looking for a fish that is $35 at LiveAquaria. It is an extra $5 at Blue Zoo for less of a guarantee....

I know it is easier to hit free shipping at Blue Zoo though.

So let me know the timeframe and I might be jumping in on this.

EDIT: I just looked more into the Blue Zoo guarantee. Just so people are aware, here are the differences:

LA: 14 days
    BZ: 7 days
    LA: No questions asked
    BZ: Photos and documentation needed
    LA: If DOA or dies, replaced and free shipping as long as shipment includes at least $35 worth of livestock. If out of stock, credit or refund. (note: Can add additional items to the warantee shipment to get free shipping on those too.)
    BZ: If DOA or dies, credit towards future purchase only. No free reship, no refund.

If you go Blue Zoo, I will probably be out. If you go LA, then I will probably be in, depending on the ship date.

6. dead fish Dead Fish

Iowa City
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Good to know re: the guarantees. We did an order through Bloo Zoo a couple months back and I was really happy with what I got.

I'd be willing to go with LA. I'm thinking maybe order next week sometime to take delivery on Friday?

7. sharkks

Palo
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Let me know when and which place and I will probably be interested in a couple things.

8. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Any update on this? I am going out of town in a little over a week, so I would either want to get in soon, or wait until after April 5th. If it ends up a LiveAquaria order, I think that I may be up to $110 depending on stock available.

9. ShaneP Well Known Hawkfish

Williamsburg, IA
    Ratings:
    +126 / 0 / -0
    I may be interested too, depending on when the delivery would be in and where it was being shipped to.

10. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Shane, if Dead Fish does coordinate this, then it would be a good location for you and not too bad for me.

I did a large LA order in January and we had people from IC, CR, and one guy came from an hour away (I live in Marion). I felt bad for him because he had some DOA stuff so he had to make the trip twice.

11. sharkks

Palo
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    If this falls through we might be able to work something out in the CR area. I am sure I can find close to 100 or so...depending on how much we need. We can see where this one goes first.

12. ShaneP Well Known Hawkfish

Williamsburg, IA
    Ratings:
    +126 / 0 / -0
    IC is obviously more convenient for me, but I'd drive to CR if needed. I don't think I'd buy a lot, but there are a couple of fish I'd like. They total $60. Any more than that and I'd need to ask the wife. Reefing is so much easier if I can keep her happy. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/smile.gif

13. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    +1

14. sharkks

Palo
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Fortunately my wife is so intrigued by our big fat Starry Blenny she has started feeding him flakes from her fingers. I didn't even think she noticed the tank...he must have mystical powers. Either way she seems to be much more open to the idea of spending money on the tank since he won her over. It has made my life much easier.

15. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    Nice. My girlfriend is staring to come around to mine I think. Watching it more, and asking more questions about it.
    Maybe I can convince her she needs to add a fish to my aquarium LOL.

16. ShaneP Well Known Hawkfish

Williamsburg, IA
    Ratings:
    +126 / 0 / -0
    You're lucky. My wife's eyes glaze over anytime I start talkin tank with her. That's generally followed by a generic "Cool" as she walks away. :/

Dead Fish, are you still game?

17. sharkks

Palo
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I just totaled my order and it would be about 110 dollars.

18. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    That looks like $220 just between the two of us. If someone else doesn't step up, I could probably be talked int ocoordinating one again. I just did a $450+ one for delivery on 02/02/2013, plus the stuff that was reshipped under the LiveAquaria guarantee that came on 02/19/2013, so the process is fresh in my mind.

The only real issues for me either way is that I am out of town from April 1 - 6. I would have to wait to either place the order until at least the 6th for delivery on that Saturday (earliest) or add my order to someone else coordinating it but at this point, and then I couldn't take delivery until the 7th or after. My wife would kill me if I made her deal with new fish in the QT.

19. sharkks

Palo
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I am completely flexible on timing. I could definitely add 30 bucks or so if it helped get to free shipping.

20. ShaneP Well Known Hawkfish

Williamsburg, IA
    Ratings:
    +126 / 0 / -0
    There's $220 with you two, and add another $60 for me. That's $280 total and that qualifies for free shipping right there.