1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Blue Zoo or Liveaquaria order?

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by dead fish, Mar 12, 2013.

1. dead fish Dead Fish

Iowa City
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Sorry I've been out of the loop. I'm fine with someone else running this. I'll probably need $50 or more worth of stuff. I'll look at the Site this weekend.

2. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Does someone else want to take the lead, or are people looking to me? I am fine either way and can certainly coordinate things again since I've done.it before. Like I said, I would want to wait for delivery until after the 6th if at possible.

- Posted via Tapatalk

3. ShaneP Well Known Hawkfish

Williamsburg, IA
    Ratings:
    +126 / 0 / -0
    I'm fine with that Nick. It wouldn't make sense for me to do it since I'm the out of the way one.

4. sharkks

Palo
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    If u are willing to I would sure appreciate it...I have never done an online purchase of this kind of thing. I will definitely be willing to coordinate a future order.

5. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Are you all ok.with waiting a couple of weeks for delivery? I will post all of the details of what it takes, and the ins and outs that I learned from last time.
    I am not home, and it will be easier to combine the posts and such when I get home late tonight.
    - Nick

6. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Alright kids, here we go. I copied/edited/pasted my previous information about this whole process that was spread across many posts in my order thread from January.

Just ask questions if this doesn't make sense. It has been a long day and I may have butchered things in my editing.

Anyway, LET'S DO THIS!

This is my official announcement that I will be hosting another group purchase through LiveAquaria. I did one in January for over $450, and I know pretty much all of the ins and outs and have posted a lot of information below. We can open an order on Tuesday, March 26th for April 9th delivery so read on and let's make this happen.

____________________________________________________________________________________

It should show above my avatar that I am from Marion. Just south of 29th Avenue and a little west of Hwy 13 if that helps people with my general location in case they want to figure out drive distances, etc to see if you are wanting to make the trip to me.

I will be off work all day on April 9th (a Tuesday) and I can babysit the stuff and make sure none are DOA. Obviously they should be picked up as soon as possible as I don't want to open any bags that I don't have to so that the water doesn't go totally toxic when hit with air. I can float bags in my 120 to keep the water at a decent temp.

The standard practice for this is that once the order has been confirmed here, I will have each of you send payment no later than the day BEFORE the order (since I have to order by 9:30 am) via PayPal. Send the money as a "gift", so that I don't get dinged PayPal fees. No need for me to cover the fees and no need for people to have to pay for the PayPal fees if they can be avoided.

Then I will place the order and confirm with everyone. Again, start planning, I will hit people up for their anticipate order on April 2nd and then need final confirmation and payment by April 7th.

Keep in mind that you can make your list from the regular site and/or the Diver's Den and they will still ship for free if the total is $225 or more even though they regular stock and Diver's Den ship from different locations.

I know that there is always a flux in what items are in or out of stock.

I can open an order up to 14 days prior to delivery, and start ordering items that are in stock. I DO have to pay for them, but *if* that item goes out of stock between now and the shipping date, they put it on backorder. That may not sound good, but it means that if that item comes back into stock within another 14 days, they ship it priority overnight for free since it was part of an original free shipping order! Most places would say "tough luck, you have to create a whole new $225+ order", but not L.A. It will ship for free too!

If something is out of stock at the time that you pay and have me place the order, then it can't be added and thus you won't be able to get it as part of this group order unless that item comes back in to stock, and then I have to manually add it.

NOTE: This is for regular items only. Diver's Den items are different. Since the Diver's Den is WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get), if you pick one of their specimens, and someone else buys it before we close out our order, then they get it first. Diver's Den stuff can only be put on the order 2 days before shipping (after 9:30 am that day). At that point it is yours and nobody can "order it away" from us.
    Also, the Diver's Den items update every day at 5:00 pm, so keep your eyes open for new items.

Here is a real life example. I want a flame angel (and other items). Let’s say that they went out of stock 2 days ago. I was thinking to myself "figures, now it won't be in stock for my order in a week and I won't be able to get one." Well, if they came back into stock this week and if I open an order for my items, then they all will either ship out or worse case go on backorder, but I should still get them with free shipping since they are stocked somewhat regularly, but go 'out of stock' frequently too. (Items marked as backorder ship first to fulfill previous backorders before that item shows as in-stock again.). If I wait until the last day to order and if they were out of stock, I would be out of luck.

Another note, if for some reason after we receive the initial shipment, after 2 weeks the item still is out of stock, Live Aquaria will contact me about substitution options, or even the ability to wait another 7 days. After that 3rd week, either a substitution can happen or a refund, which would be your decision to make and I will accommodate as best as possible.

So that is good news. We can start ordering today and keep the order open until the night of the 7th (so that I can close the order first thing on the 8th) and we should all get our items.

So shoot me a PM with anything that you want, the dollar amount for it, and I will get you my cell phone number and PayPal account.

Remember, one of the advantages of adding earlier than later is that *IF* your item goes out of stock after your order gets added, they will get you your item(s) shipped for free within the next 2 weeks when it comes back into stock. If you wait and it is out of stock, then it can't be added at all to the order.

Live Aquaria will cover the shipping of replacement items from an order ONE time and only if the replacement cost is $30 or more. We will want to wait until towards the end of the 14 day "alive guarantee" in case other things don't make it since we only get 1 claim.

7. ShaneP Well Known Hawkfish

Williamsburg, IA
    Ratings:
    +126 / 0 / -0
    Phew, you've done your homework. Remind me why anyone else would do this?

I'll get you my items soon. Thanks for heading this up!

8. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Honestly, the LiveAquaria people have been superb to work with and they make it very easy. Of course I just checked and two of the three items I wanted are out of stock, but they come in regularly and I set up email alerts so that I can get them added once the order is opened on Tuesday.
    - Nick

9. dead fish Dead Fish

Iowa City
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for taking the lead, Nick. I'm crazy right now.

I looked at their site. Literally everyhting I wanted to order is out of stock. I'll check back again in a couple days.

10. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, that is why I start these things about 2 weeks early. It gives time to get items back in stock for ordering.

- Nick

11. ShaneP Well Known Hawkfish

Williamsburg, IA
    Ratings:
    +126 / 0 / -0
    My items are out of stock currently too. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/sad.gif I'll keep my eyes peeled for them.

12. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I need two more items to come back into stock, but they are often carried nd shouldn't be a problem. With just two of us, we are about $13 short of free shipping already. Order will be opened tomorrow so that we get things started.
    - Nick

13. sharkks

Palo
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    If for any reason the things you guys really want stay out of stock we can certainly hold off and try again next month. A few of the things I wanted were on a pretty decent sale but I am not too worried about it. If we need to just try again later, no worries.

14. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I am flexible too, however keep in mind that if what you are looking for is normally in stock, it will come back into stock before the order ships... At least long enough to get it added to the order and then it might take 2 shipments for it to come, but will get here. (2nd shipment is "free shipping" as long as the item was added to the original order).

15. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Are the live copepods part of this? (I would assume so) http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=2190+3058&pcatid=3058

16. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately, no. Live foods are not. We found that out last time when I tried to order some myself. The live foods usually ship 2nd day air and come from a different location. Anything that normally ships overnight only (from California or Wisconsin for the Diver's Den). The food ships from Florida and isn't included.
    - Nick

17. destiny

destiny Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Pm sent thanks

18. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Well, all 3 of my primary items went out of stock. I called up LiveAquaria before they closed and what they told me made sense. They go out of stock on a lot of things on weekends and Monday's. Since a lot of people don't do Saturday delivery, they get a lot of orders from Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday morning that ship out Mondays so that they are out of stock. I was told that at least 2 of my three items should be back in stock around Wednesday, but "no promises" of course.

19. sharkks

Palo
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Should we wait a few days and check the inventory status before opening any order, PayPal, etc.?

20. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    We will probably hold off a couple of days at this point. None of my items are in stock and I am not going to open up an order for other people's stuff without payment. Let's see what tomorrow brings for restocking.
    - Nick