1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Blue Zoo or Liveaquaria order?

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by dead fish, Mar 12, 2013.

1. dead fish Dead Fish

Iowa City
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    What I really need are peppermint shrimo and I just saw on FB that AC&C are selling them for $3 a pop this weekend. I'm going there. I need, like 10-15.

2. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Wow. That's a lot of shimp.

3. dead fish Dead Fish

Iowa City
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I got a lot of aptasia.

4. sharkks

Palo
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I do too...if this order falls through I might go see what they have up there. I really need to try those berghia nudibranchs sometime. They could eat for a long time in my tank.

5. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    One of my fish came back into stock today, but not the others. I will hold off on opening the order unless others have items that came into stock and want to get this ball moving. If so, send me a PM with your list, and I will sent you my PayPal email and cell number. Once I have the funds, I will get the order going.
    - Nick

6. sharkks

Palo
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hey Nick I really appreciate your help and walking me through the process. I don't want you to have to head up an order where you are not even benefiting that much, if at all. Why don't we just try again next month or whenever we get some momentum with a few people?

I am still fine either way it just seems like bad timing on this one.

7. destiny

destiny Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nick -I shot off an an order to you a couple days back and as the others have stated my order also can wait till your things come in stock-of anyone you foremost should benifit from the order for all the time and effort you are taking to pull this together-I won't do the paypal thing to ya until you give us this word on how your order items are looking-I have no problem what so ever on what you decide to do.

8. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    You are all awesome and considerate. Thanks.

9. ShaneP Well Known Hawkfish

Williamsburg, IA
    Ratings:
    +126 / 0 / -0
    The fish I'm really wanting is still out of stock too. I'm cool with waiting.

10. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Yea, the one that came in stock for me is back out of stock. Of course I travel every month for work (twice in April) so I am trying to get things rolling so that items ship when I am not out of town because that is too much to ask of my wife.

I think that two weeks in a row of common items being out of stock is unusual. It can only get better from here.

11. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    And today I get a notification that the slightly more rare if my three common items is in stock. I am starting to wonder if we should have just opened the order since we have a two week window for things to come in stock and still get them even if they go back out of stock... Oh well. Can't change the past.
    - Nick

12. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Scratch that. All three of my items are in stock. I think that I need to jump on this and get the order opened. Even if others can't get in on it now, the timing of all of them being available the same day is rare. I will set a delivery date out as far as possible and post back here with that date.
    - Nick

13. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

/DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/w00t.gif ORDER IS OPEN AT LIVEAQUARIA!!!! /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/w00t.gif

Here is the scoop though, with my travel at the end of them month, and knowing that we have a time window for any DOA claims or backordered items to ship, I still went with the original delivery date of April 9th. Since I don't know how many people are getting in on this, I apologize that I had to take my schedule into account. That is still a little over a week away.

Diver's Den items can NOT be added until 2 days before shipping (Saturday April 6th or Sunday April 7th) and regular items must be on order no later than Sunday evening the 7th.

We currently are at $119.97 with my items, so more than half way to free shipping.

So brush off your wish lists and shoot me a PM and I will get you my contact information and PayPal email. As soon as I have payment, I will get the items added.

If you have ANY questions at all, just let me know. I knew more about this process than the person that took my order this morning and she said, "Wow, you are an expert at this." LOL

14. ShaneP Well Known Hawkfish

Williamsburg, IA
    Ratings:
    +126 / 0 / -0
    I just checked and my tang is still out of stock. I have other fish I'd like though, but I'm gonna hold out for a few more days to see what happens. I'll keep you posted.

15. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Which one are you looking at? Did you set up an email alert?
    - Nick

16. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    We are now $0.08 (yes 8 cents) away from free shipping!

17. jstngates Experienced Reefkeeper

Toledo Iowa
    Ratings:
    +40 / 1 / -0
    Nick I will find something are you going to Des Moines net weekend?

18. jstngates Experienced Reefkeeper

Toledo Iowa
    Ratings:
    +40 / 1 / -0
    Sucks I missed out on the peppermint shrimp last week. I had to go to my in laws!

19. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Justin, not sure about being at Spring Fest yet. I have two kids. One who is in a dance competition in Davenport some time over the weekend (we should have had the schedule last Wednesday, but we haven't gotten it yet). IF that has her performing on Sunday, then we will be in Des Moines on Saturday for my oldest daughter's show at Drake. If that works out, then I will be able to stop in at Spring Fest for about an hour. If it is all flip-flopped around, then I will be in Davenport on Saturday... [​IMG]
    - Nick

20. jstngates Experienced Reefkeeper

Toledo Iowa
    Ratings:
    +40 / 1 / -0
    That sucks just let me know.