1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Boone High Move

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BioTeacher, Nov 20, 2013.

1. BioTeacher

BioTeacher

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

Hi Everyone!! I don't know if many of you are aware, but, Boone High is building a new school. I have to move my classroom in December and that includes the aquariums. Nick and I planned to set up the move on the 21st of December around 9:00 AM. If you are willing to come help out, it would be MUCH appreciated! We will provide lunch! Please let me know ASAP if you are willing to help out. We'd like to get it all done in a day! Thanks!!!!/DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif

2. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Count me in barring any unforeseen problems ;0) If there are things needed, like buckets, etc. will you be posting nearer to the move date?

3. BioTeacher

BioTeacher

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, Sponge! I definitely need several things brought if people can! I need storage tanks (big ones) or big garbage cans. I could also use another net or two and many hands and a few strong backs! I have my own crew coming to help out, but, we could definitely use more! Please let me know soon if you are willing and able!
    Thanks!

4. Fence13 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +300 / 1 / -0
    I might be able to. Keep me posted and as the date gets closer too I'll be able to get a more definite answer.

5. BioTeacher

BioTeacher

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Bump!!! The move is THIS weekend! Saturday starting around 9:00 at Boone High in Boone, IA! If you are AT ALL able to help, we need it! We HAVE to get the two huge tanks moved on Saturday because my room is set for demolition on Monday!! Please reply or message me if you can help! Thanks!

6. Nik Experienced Reefkeeper

Windsor Heights
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I will be there. I am bringing a 45 gallon can and about 10 5 gallon, a pump, hose, nets.

7. BioTeacher

BioTeacher

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Thank you, Nik!!! Is anyone else able to come out an help, tomorrow? We are down to the wire and I haven't heard from very many people. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/sad.gif I desperately need more water containers to move things with. Please let me know! Thanks!!!

8. mikesams05p71

mikesams05p71 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Im thinkin i could help...how far are we having to move everything? I may have a 20 gal brute and a 44 gal i could get empty and bring...but i may have to drive my car thats why i wondered how far we had to transport things.

9. BioTeacher

BioTeacher

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    It isn't far at all! Down the hall in the building. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/smile.gif

10. mikesams05p71

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    K...didnt realize it was in the same building. Im thinkin I should be able to make it. I have at least one can I can bring. Need anything else off top of your head?

11. Nik Experienced Reefkeeper

Windsor Heights
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

A pump and hose (bigger the better). Something to sccop sand if you have would be great as well. We are moving 2 200G tanks.

12. mikesams05p71

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    K. Ill bring what I can. But I will be there. Sssooo where exactly am I going?? Lol

13. BioTeacher

BioTeacher

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    500 7th ST in Boone.

14. mikesams05p71

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Alright. Cya in the mornin.

15. mikesams05p71

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Ill be a few late but im on my way

16. mikesams05p71

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    515-661-3537 someone call me

17. BioTeacher

BioTeacher

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I'm a little late, but, I REALLY need to say HUGE thanks to Nik and mikesams05p71 for coming out and helping me move those tanks! It was such a chore and you guys were fantastic help! Couldn't have done it without you!!!