1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

BRS Order

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by AJ, Mar 22, 2010.

1. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Anyone need anything from BRS? I'll be placing an order this week (probably Wednesday). Let me know.

--AJ

2. Bluefool

Bluefool Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I emailed BRS asking about octopus skimmers and dry rock:

"Octopus skimmers went back up last week :) As for the rock, we never know when we will be able to purchase more. Sometimes it is a month, sometimes it is 6. As soon as it is available we will order it and it will be back up on the website, just no ETA sorry :-("

That bums me, as their rock....well, rocked.

I need one of those skimmers, but I'll have to try to catch the next group order. The &)%&(%( IRS is taking it's sweet time.

3. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    if your waiting for the tax return from a house purchase you'll be waiting a while, they told us that they are basically auditing any new house buy that is reported and going over them personally so it will take forever to get our money back from that

4. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    FYI, BRS just announced free shipping on any order over $175 this week. I believe we're at least half way there. With that in mind, I'm going to hold off another day or so to let anyone else that may want in, in on the order.

--AJ

5. nick

nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I just wanted to thank AJ for putting this order together. He always seems to be placing orders at the right time.

6. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just an FYI, at this point, we're at $123.43, so about 2/3 of the way to free shipping. If anyone else needs anything, let me know.

--AJ

7. Kungpaoshizi Well-Known ReefKeeper

davenport
    Ratings:
    +39 / 1 / -0
    What's the BRS website?
    **nm, bulkreefsupply?

8. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, sorry...just assumed everyone knew. Bad assumption.

www.bulkreefsupply.com

In my experience, they are a great vendor to deal with. They price match other online retailers and are in Minneapolis so you get your stuff *fast* (frequently next day). On top of that, if you ever have a question, they are good to deal with (a little hard to get a hold of, but once you do, they are very friendly and knowledgeable). They also have many things that other vendors don't carry, like bulk GFO, bulk high grade carbon, two part kits, bulkheads, dry rock (sometimes) and other hard to find fittings like gate valves, etc. They are a smaller shop, so they don't have the kind of stock diversity that some of the larger places do (Drs Foster Smith, Marine Depot, etc). Also, they are a club sponsor and we do encourage members giving our sponsors extra consideration when spending your $$.

On a down side, BRS does not offer free shipping regularly like some of the other vendors (i.e. AquaCave and MarineDepot), so their current free shipping sale is an exception to their standard practices. If you have not bookmarked them, I would do so...they are one of my preferred vendors.

--AJ

9. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well into the free shipping area now. If anyone needs anything else, I'll leave this open until Thursday at 1 PM. Stuff *should* show up on Friday.

--AJ

10. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ordered yesterday at 2 PM, will be delivered today. Can't beat that for *free* shipping!!

--AJ