1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Cedar Rapids Reefs2go order

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by blackx-runner, Jul 11, 2010.

1. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    I have a credit at reefs2go and was looking to add to my clean up crew. They have a lot of BOGO specials going on so if anyone else wants to add to the order so we can get free shipping let me know.

2. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Count me in for some clean up crew stuff...any time you can get free shipping is a good time to replenish.

I know you mentioned you were going to be ordering cleanup crew, but I would offer a word of caution to anyone interested in joining this order to think twice about purchasing fish from them. I've not heard from anyone that has had luck with their fish. Most/all will be dead within a month. Not sure why. The only fish I've ever had disappear/die in my current tank was from them.

On the flip side of that, I've had excellent luck with their snails and shrimp. Packed well, low death rate and good size. The regular snails are really small and I would recommend buying the large sizes whenever possible.

--AJ

3. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    good to know about the fish. I was considering it, but I'll stick with CUC from them.
    Also probably going to pick up some pods. if someone, or a couple people want to split an order of 1000, with the BOGO it would be 2000 pods let me know. I don't think my 40 needs quite that many LOL.

4. SaltWaterloo

SaltWaterloo Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Let me know if you get free shipping with this order. I want to order but i have over 60$ in credit with them so i doubt that will go toward free shipping

And my personal experience with reefs2go fish: 1 royal gramma arrived big and healthy, had it prolly 3 months and its a beautiful healthy fish. Dont know about anything else, but if you can get free shipping i will be ordering some fish

5. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    Hmm I had great luck with there fish. I ordered a flame angel, starry blenny, carpenters flasher wrasse and all but the flasher is still alive and he is dead due to a bone head mistake of mine.

6. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So it sounds like the people I have heard from have had bad luck and others have had better luck, so maybe instead of not buying fish from them, you do so with caution (which I think applies to all but the very best suppliers in this hobby). Thanks for sharing your experiences Bill and Sam.

--AJ

7. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    looks like between AJ and myself we are at $80-$90. I'll probably try to get the order in the week of the 19th.

8. Strong

Strong

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I ordered all of my clean-up crew, 2 peppermint shrimp and 3 fish from reefs2go.com and had all arrive very healthy. I know Will has also ordered a bunch of rics from them and they look great.

These people have been really good to communicate with and if anyone has had an issue, I would call them.

-Justin

9. fmsill Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Falls
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I could use some things from them it would prob be around $30 or $40 worth of stuff. When you get ready to order let me know.

I live in waterloo but i can go to cr to pick my order up. If anyone else in the waterloo area needs anything i can also pick up their order as well. My computer is on the fritz right now but i check my msg from a friends computer once in a while. I will do my best to keep up to date on when we order.

10. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    Looks like we'll easily make the $150 mark. I'll try and figure out a definite order date and delivery date so everyone can get there orders to me.

11. wesly2007 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    will you put me in for a blood shrimp? 
    When will you be  putting in the order?

12. SaltWaterloo

SaltWaterloo Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Dont know if this matters at this point, but its free shipping over 100$ for the next 13 orders that are placed thru reefs2go. (I get their newsletter /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/smile.gif )

Let me know when you get everything figured out and ill add a few things to the order.

If anyone has any questions for Reefs2go, you can PM them on here, or email them at sales@reefs2go.com. They are pretty quick at responding.

13. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    I'll be putting in this order the 21st. No later than the 22nd.
    And according to the delivery schedule the livestock should arrive 27th or 28th.
    Does this work for everyone.
    PM Me with your complete order and we can also discuss payment through PM
    -David-

14. Bluefool

Bluefool Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Any news?

15. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    They ship out in the evenings. I would guess they would ship out tonight. After the package is on the truck they send out an e-mail and give you a delivery date.
    As soon as I get the e-mail I will let everyone know.
    -David-

16. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    Message from Reefs2go.com by Piece of the Reef:
    Thank you for shipping with Reefs2go by Piece of the Reef. Check our site often for specials and new arrivals.

Scheduled Delivery: 27-July-2010
    Tracking Number: 1ZW5W0040143321308

17. Strong

Strong

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    FYI, when I have gotten stuff from them it is on my door by 10:30 AM if sent through UPS.

-Justin

18. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Looks like it's already been delivered..

--AJ

19. Bluefool

Bluefool Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Got everything in the QT tank; zero deaths so far.

The peppermint shrimp are the best freaking hiders on the planet. Big size difference in the shrimp.

The snails were small, but thats what I wanted.

I'm amazed at how fast the shaving brushes opened up and look right at home.

Over all, I can't see how I could be anything but happy.

Thanks for dealing with the order!

Woot!