1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Christmas party Jan 18th

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by Kpotter2, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

[​IMG]

Hello all,

What: 2014 Christmas Party

Where: North Liberty Recenter in North Liberty Iowa

When: Jan 18th from 3 to 6pm

Fun: White elephant Frag Swap and Door Prizes

Rules for Swap:

Frag must be clearly labeled SPS/LPS or softie. If you can't or don't have a frag then gift must be Saltwater/Reef related and price at least $20. We will draw numbers and pick from what people bring.

Food: I would like to do a Pot-Luck with the club buying the main course and club member providing the sides and desserts. It really all depends how many can make it.

Please stay tuned to this and the facebook post for updates.

Thanks

Kyle Potter

2. Borky00 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Lisbon
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    I vote for the 18th and I have a Frag to bring for trade. I'' make some kind of side dish for the pot luck.

3. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    either day works for me.

4. incuplayer

incuplayer

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    The 18th would work slightly better for me too. But I think either way should work.

5. LiLNicky Well-Known ReefKeeper

Iowa City
    Ratings:
    +197 / 4 / -0

Either one will work for me but I tend to favor saturdays.....either way I'm going. Whats up with this year? Has everyone really been that busy? This has been THE busiest year of my life period and I always find time for GIRS.

6. Borky00 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Lisbon
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0

The Face book page already posted that it will be Saturday. Not sure if this link will work or not but it is here: https://www.facebook.com/GreaterIowaReefSociety

Edited by Kyle Potter

The post on the Facebook site was to get the word out as discribe in the post. I didn't make it, but noticed it to and posted that we would not decide until I had input from others and would anounce it after the 3rd. The date is Sunday January 18th

Thanks

Kyle

7. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

UPDATE Holiday Party will be January 18th 2015. See you there. Please stay tuned for updates until the big day!

Thanks

Kyle

8. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    If you plane on attending please Post here with how many and what you will bring for Pot luck! I will announce what meat we are having soon.

Kyle Potter just one and a french silk Pie.......

9. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Ok so now that the Packers play on Sunday should we cancel. lol just kidding. So i have full room booked and need to fill it. who is all coming? We need a head count to plan this event and get a idea on what to order for food.

Please Everyone sound off and make this a great event.

Kyle

10. Candi G

Candi G

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I'll be there with cookies

11. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Candi are you on Facebook?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
  12. Borky00 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Lisbon
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    I plan on attending, just one, I am planning a side dish with eggs and cheese and green chillies.

I an not sure my frag is worth $20 so I will bring 2 and keep them together. Are we to wrap these or label them (besides SPS, LPS) or anything?

Talked to The Prez yesterday (Dave) and he told me he was also planning on attending.

13. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Sounds good Bill! Yes label them with what info you have. I would suggest a Xmas bag or something but it's not required. David posted to the Facebook page! Will see you there!

14. johnk183

Coralville
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I'll be coming.

I will bring some type of snack.

15. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    OK everyone would it be easier to just do pizza? I can do Pizza Hutt for 7.99 for a Large 2 topping or I am thinking Chili!

Kyle

16. gburkart

gburkart Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +119 / 1 / -0
    can i come without a frag? my tank still pretty new and i've only been at this for a year.

17. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0

If you don't have a frag, but still want to participate in the gift exchange you can bring some other reef related goodie. Supplement, fragging supplies etc.

18. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Yep what Black said!

19. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Going with Pizza tomorrow. It looks to be around 8 or so people so we can get a head count and we can order it at beginning of the party. I am headed out to finish up getting some of the prizes for the drawing.
    If anyone one has things to trade or sell go a head a bring them. We can set up a table or just do some selling and swapping. I think that will be fun

See you all there tomorrow.

20. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I want to Thank Sea of Marvel! I have 2 $25 gift certificates. 1x $50 gift certificate and a gift card for a 3 coral pack(Value $75) and another for a great Clean up crew. These along with t shirts and other odds and ends should make this a great little party. He donated a great portion of these to our local club for our Party tomorrow.

Thanks Sea of Marvel!

See you there.

Kyle