1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

CR/IC Winter Party

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by bobsfish, Dec 8, 2010.

1. bobsfish

bobsfish Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Winter Party ** Saturday, Jan 8 ** 5:00 to 7:00pm

Please join us for the Cedar Rapids / Iowa City Region Winter Party on January 8th.

It will be hosted at the home of Aaron Johnson (AJ).  

Meat and pop will be provided. Please bring a side dish and dessert to share with the group. 

Cool door prizes will be given away.

There will be a frag exchange, so please bring a frag to share in a concealed package...Christmas wrapping paper, or brown paper bag, box, or otherwise.  Please mark somewhere on the frag (inside the packaging) the type/name of the frag. We will do the exchange according to "White Elephant" rules. If you are unfamiliar with White Elephant exchanges, the rules will be detailed at the party. If you don't have a frag to share, please let me know so we can be sure to have extras at the party.

Please sign up by replying to this thread, so we know how much meat/drinks to buy. And, if you are bringing anyone, please indicate how many.

Please PM if you need the address or directions.

Bob

2. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    Count me in! I can also bring extra frags to make up for any shortage.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey does he live in cedar rapids and I don't have any frags to share

4. Bluefool

Bluefool Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My wife and I are in!

I'm afraid that I don't have any frags yet, but I've got some stuff in the gear closet I'll bring (heaters, supplements I don't need, etc). Free to any GIRS member.

Thanks for hosting AJ!

5. Kylie

Kylie Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm in /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/smile.gif I have one colony I can frag (hehe yay! My first!). Bluefool, could I borrow your heaters until the end of January? I'm going to be switching over my 40g to a 65g in a day and want to make sure my fish and corals stay at the right temp in their buckets while I'm switching.

6. fishyness

fishyness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Kylie I have a bunch of heaters, how bout we make the xmas party?[​IMG]

7. Bluefool

Bluefool Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Here's an idea:
    Use 'em as long as you need 'em, and then give them to another GIRS member.  They aren't submersible units (the dial has to stay dry) but for a transfer like that they should do the trick.

8. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    Bob let me know how many frags you come up short and I should be able to supply 10 or so.
    -Bill

9. Kylie

Kylie Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sounds good /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/smile.gif Will do blue. And yes, Annie we need to go to this one! /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/biggrin.gif

10. Shaun

Shaun Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I will be there. What are people bringing? I can make a desert or a side dish. Let me know, Shaun

11. Kylie

Kylie Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    oooo what should I make?

12. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    We should all post what we are bringing for a dish so we don't all bring dessert. I will bring a french silk pie.

13. Troy

Troy Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Put me down for 2. I don't have any frags except the ones I bought at fall fest, and I really don't want to give them away.
    I am planning on bringing Green Bean Casserole and a Cherry Cheese Cake.
    Any objections just let me know.

Troy

14. Kylie

Kylie Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ooo I could bring vegetable pizza. My moms recipe is awesome /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/smile.gif

15. Andy The Reef Guy

Andy The Reef Guy Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sweet I'm there dude!

16. champ23

champ23 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If I can move my flight back a few days I should make it.

17. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Would be good to see you Champ.

Anyone Rock Band or Karaoke fans out there? We could hook up the XBox and play a little if people are interested... Or if there are any Wii games people like, we could hook that up too.

--AJ

18. bobsfish

bobsfish Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Sounds fun AJ ... however, not much for Karaoke..unless the songs are in the key of Q

19. nick

nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I plan on attending. Does six layer bars sound good. Let me know if there is something else as well.

20. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey folks, we're just under two weeks out on this and I've asked my wife to start contacting those that have indicated they will be attending to try to coordinate the menu...make sure that we don't have too much of one thing and not enough of another. Anyway, she should be in touch with everyone some time this week.

--AJ