1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Crested Geckos

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Gered, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Gered

Gered Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    So here are a few shots of my other hobby.  Did a photoshoot of low quality photos for another forum.  Figured I would share in case anyone might be interested.

Marilyn

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ginger
    [​IMG]
    My little ones
    This one was a freebie due to a tail deformation

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A sibling to the one above
    [​IMG]
    No name
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    No Name
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. wolfman1973

wolfman1973 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thats cool !! i used to be into reptiles years ago and my roomate at the time was breeding day geckos and house geckos. we had some dirty neighbors up stairs and recieved a few visits from there cockroaches so my buddy let a few house geckos go and you would see one run across the wall every couple of days and eat them roaches up!!!within a week they must have moved up stairs because there were no more geckos or roaches!!! nice geckos,i will have to get back in someday!!!

3. Tuckers2

Tuckers2 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    oh my goodness, they are adorable!

4. Iamaxxer

Iamaxxer Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    How many do you have in one tank?   My son has one... pretty cool

5. Strong

Strong

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Are the scales/skin always patchy like that? Look pretty cool.

6. Gered

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Well my oldest two are females so I house them together sense females will not fight. All the little ones are houses in their own little enclosure so I can monitor food intake and output /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif

And for their skin being patchy yes that is pretty common. There is different names for body marking. Like if you look at the last picture and notice the area running right though his back is pretty separated from the sides. That would give him characteristics to be a pinstripe. If you want any more info feel free to ask.

7. KirklinsClownfish Well-Known ReefKeeper

Robins Ia
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Them are awesome Gered

8. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Aww, they're super cool! The babies are adorable and tiny!

9. Jay Well-Known ReefKeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    How big do they get? My daughter would love one of these things!

10. Gered

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Maybe 7-9 inches if you count there tail. If you want any more info shoot me a PM and I could get you started in the right direction.

11. KirklinsClownfish Well-Known ReefKeeper

Robins Ia
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Gered these are SO cute! Are you breeding them??? Very very cool! - Betty (Jason told me I had to see them!)

12. Gered

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I may breed my 2 females if I can get them up a little in weight. 35 grams is about minimum for breeding weight and I have one at 30 and the other at 27ish I believe it was. I also need to find a male for them also which I may have found. There is 2 breeders in Iowa that are pretty well known. One is in Coralville I believe and the other in Ames which is who I got my little ones from.