1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

December Meeting Topic Survey

Discussion in 'Des Moines & Ames Region' started by jtesdall, Nov 12, 2008.

1. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By jtesdall on 12/02/2008 08:44 AM
    New added possibility: JJ may come and talk to us about his setup. I will do the DIY automation with an aquacontroller and he will do the commercial methods. If he can make it it will be quite interesting.
    So yes, my office Thursday December 4th at 6PM.
    8665 Harbach
    Clive
    @ the intersection of 86th and Harbach behind Barr Bike.
    I assume all is still on?

2. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Right now we have three and myself if I am right. Please let me know sign up here if anyone else wants to attend. Ryan (ZLTFUL) I am sorry you can't make meetings during the week. Aren't you just going to be on call, can't you take calls from my office if necessary and bring a laptop. We have wireless.
    Signed up to attend Controller and Automation meeting:
    jtesdall (Joel)
    tibbs2 (Chris)
    gb387 (Brandon)
    beckerj3 (Jeanette)
    Anyone else?
    I will put a quick post in the general forum. JJ is planning on coming and talking about his setup.

3. ZLTFUL

ZLTFUL Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I wish it was that easy. The fact is, if I get a call it is to either process an order (which i can force remotely) or to replace a hand held device which happens more often than the other.

4. cagri

cagri Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I may come, not %100 sure, but there is a good chance.

5. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    That would be cool! You can talk about your controller, what brand is it again? I will put a slide in for it, actually I already had planned to. :0)
    jtesdall (Joel)
    tibbs2 (Chris)
    gb387 (Brandon)
    beckerj3 (Jeanette)
    Cagri

6. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Forgot to add JJ and our new supporting trustee Austin. So the meeting is shaping up pretty nice.
    jtesdall (Joel)
    tibbs2 (Chris)
    gb387 (Brandon)
    beckerj3 (Jeanette)
    cagri (Cagri)
    DoubleJ (JJ)
    Rustin14 (Austin)

7. cagri

cagri Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    it is called GHL ProfiLux Aquatic Controller,
    here is the link at reefcentral
    http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=527
    link to catalog for more info;
    http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Download/Productcatalogue05-08-English_web.pdf

8. Wayne1

Wayne1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    How did the meeting go? My wife works until 7:00 about every night now, I know you guys don't want my 2 demons there.

9. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi Wayne! The meeting went well. Hopefully everyone was able to walk away with some ideas and knowledge they didn't have before.

10. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By jtesdall on 12/04/2008 08:54 PM
    Hi Wayne! The meeting went well. Hopefully everyone was able to walk away with some ideas and knowledge they didn't have before.It was helpful - Thanks for your time.   

11. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Another successful meeting.

12. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    January meeting coming up?

13. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yes, thanks for asking Brandon. Austin and I are trying to get a calendar put together for the next couple of months. I will post something soon, maybe just another survey to see what people want. What would you like to see or hear?

14. ZLTFUL

ZLTFUL Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So we are set on having the meetings during the week then? Just curious because if that is the case, then I simply won't be able to attend. Not trying to be an ******* about it just trying to point out that my work schedule will in no way allow me to be tied up with hobbies over keeping our product moving out the door.

15. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By jtesdall on 01/03/2009 09:32 PM
    Yes, thanks for asking Brandon. Austin and I are trying to get a calendar put together for the next couple of months. I will post something soon, maybe just another survey to see what people want. What would you like to see or hear?
    Well...  not sure but something like a DIY 2 part, building a sump (make it easier, out of an aquarium no necessarily acrylic).  Really I am interested in just about any DIY type meeting.

16. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Ryan, we never said here lately that it would only be weekdays. You know my situation, we are sort of in opposite positions. But Austin is here in Des Moines and could maybe do a staurday events if I am not available. What about a Friday night Ryan?
    I will be posting soon to get things started. I started rebuilding my tractor engine today so I didn't get much GIRS done.