1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Des Moines Area Tank Tour April 18th

Discussion in 'Des Moines & Ames Region' started by Rustin, Mar 31, 2009.

1. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    where are all the DM people? I know there are more...wheres JJ at???

2. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    JJ was a stop last fall, we don't want to wear out our welcome. Besides there are other great tanks in the area. Although JJ's is still #1 in my book.
    Tanks to see:
    Tibbs2
    Cagri
    zltful
    and possibly Billbigsbie?
    Anyone else want to show off?
    People attending:
    rustin14
    snowman82
    lordofthereef
    mnballard
    zltful
    tibbs2
    jtesdall
    beckerj3
    cagri
    daveDSM

3. ZLTFUL

ZLTFUL Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've got to pull my name. We purchased a new exchange server and backup drives that I need to spened Saturday installing.
    Then that night, we are sponsoring the races at Knoxville so they made attendance somewhat mandatory...I don't even like circle car racing. *sigh*

4. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Dave (billbigsbe) wont be attending either, he has other things going on that day....so there are only 2 tanks then?

5. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    oh and I can't make it, They have informed us we will be working all day again saturday......work sucks

6. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    OK, this is going the wrong way. Who else wants to show off their tank?? Common, there has to be more.
    Tanks to see:
    Tibbs2
    Cagri
    Anyone else want to show off?
    People attending:
    rustin14
    lordofthereef
    mnballard
    tibbs2
    jtesdall
    beckerj3
    cagri
    daveDSM

7. Dave-DSM

Dave-DSM Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, I'm going to make it worse.
    I totally forgot that Saturday is the Duck Derby, since I'm volenteering, I will not be attending. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif

8. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    OK, I need to know who wants to do this. I have been out of town the last two weekends and have things piling up on me. I really shouldn't be driving to Des Moines Saturday I have way to much to get done. What I am getting at is I am very close to canceling the Spring tank tour unless people chime in that they want this to happen.

9. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    judging by the amount of people that have other thngs going on i would say cancelling would probably be the best thing. maybe down the road we can all chit-chat and do something informal but as of right now i would say it is going to be hard. even the next few weeks looks like i'm working saturdays...so i will be out for a while and still got a wedding to plan for and stuff...kinda sucks :)

10. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +615 / 2 / -0
    Sorry it took so long for me to respond.  Our internet service has been out for 24 hrs, and only back now.   I am still available on Saturday, and will attend if its a go.  Its been a very busy week for me also (out every night since Sunday), so it won't break my heart, if the decision is to delay.

11. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    OK, at a minimum this is postponed. Please post to whether you want to reschedule or not. If so, I will try to really work harder to get some more tanks on the tour.

12. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Sorry I've been out of the loop.  I think its good for my tank, because I don't think it's worth a stop anyway...hahaha

13. Wayne1

Wayne1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I won't be able to attend either. Sorry Joel.
    I am painting right now....Reschedule ?????