1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

DFS buy

Discussion in 'Des Moines & Ames Region' started by beckerj3, Oct 23, 2008.

1. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Sure, 8665 Harbach. It is behind Barr Bike on 86th and Harbach in Clive. The building has the letters DFM and MAPCON on the side.

2. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Joel Google dr foster and smith coupon code you will find the direct link to it. I have seen it and used it in the past, for some reason just using the code won't work you have to click the link. Hope that helps!

3. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +615 / 2 / -0
    Joel - no I don't have a phosphate reactor.  I was planning to put it in a media bag and either 1) directly in my sump or 2) I have a set-up in my sump that I used for a nitrate remover product - empty 2 liter bottle with holes cut in the bottom and fed by a small Rio pump - 40-60gph.  The phosphate is in a media bag with a piece of filter sponge on top and bottom.
    For use with a media bag, not a phosphate reactor, do you think it would be better getting the GFO pellets from Bulk Reef supply?  That was actually my first idea.

4. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +615 / 2 / -0
    Joel - ok, please drop the Phospure from my order - $19.49
    Instead, add        CE-157346            Polyfilter                 6.59
                                CD-901377            Seachem Phosphate test  $8.79
    Thanks-Jeanette

5. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Dang, Seachem test have come down. That a great Buy.
    John (cowdust9) takes a bucket of RC.

6. billbigsbe Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    hey joel im having problems getting paypal to load. if you made my order, thanks. if not thats ok as well. dave

7. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    No problem Dave, the order just went in. I should have everything on Monday at my office. I will keep everyone posted. I didn't want 6 buckets of salt delivered to my office.

8. billbigsbe Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Ill send a pay pal or drop off cash. Thanks 4 your help!

9. cagri

cagri Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Joel,
    I will bring the money to your office this week.
    Thanks again.
    Cagri

10. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The order shipped so it will arrive at my house Saturday or Monday which means I will have it in Des Moines Monday or Tuesday.

11. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Then salt and Chris's sand came today. Available for pickup this weekend at my house or Next week at my office. [​IMG]

12. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The other items from DFS did not arrive Saturday. So unless you are willing to stop by my office twice you may want to wait until Tuesday to pickup the salt. Hmmm but that means I have to keep 6 pails of salt in my car, luckily gas prices are down. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/laugh.gif

13. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    All 6 pails of salt are in my car in Clive. I am hoping someone comes to get their salt as I don't want to look like a low rider going home. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/blush.gif

14. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I work close to you. How about I come pick up the salt and sand tonight. How late will you be at work?

15. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    5:45 + 1 hour drive = getting to watch Big Bang Theory! So how does by 5:45 work? /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/laugh.gif

16. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Sure, I should be there by 5:30.

Thanks

17. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The rest of this order came in today and will be at mt office tomorrow. I should be at the office until about 7. Please call, PM or post if you are coming in case I leave early to vote.

18. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Hey Joel, I picked up the salt bucket and the crushed coral last night but I didn't get the reef sand. Did it arrive with the latest DFS shipment?
    (I am actually hoping it didn't arrive because I don't need anymore sand)

19. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yup, it came. Its here at my office. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif

20. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    With the election stuff going on tonight, I think I'll just pick my remaining stuff up later in the week, whichever day will work best for you.
    Thanks,
    Chris