1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

DM Midwest Frags Group buy postponed

Discussion in 'Des Moines & Ames Region' started by snowman82, Feb 8, 2010.

1. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    if someone needs an earlier time or a later time let me know. i will be in DM before 6 and can stick around a little while after 6 as well. i need to go to hobby haven and iowa petfoods. got a project in mind for the tank....swirler stein /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

2. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    my phone number is 641-891-6465 if anyone needs anything you can call or text. i will be working till around 2. my wife will be home to receive the shipment and make sure everything is ok.......i trust her......

3. Gered

Gered Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Sure you trust her but should I trust her? I might need to interrogate her

4. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    you want her number /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif

5. Gered

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I don't want to make a pregnant lady mad

6. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    wise choice.../DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

7. Cybball

Cybball Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Chris,
    Thanks for handling the order. Everything looks great. My freebie turned white instantly when in the tank, but hopefully it colors back up by morning. Too early for bleach out, so I'm guessing just adjustment.

Everything went smooth and I liked the urine cups. Nice touch.

8. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    haha, urine cups were how they got shipped. mine did too, so did my blue tipped efflo. Ninjazx's had no tissue left on one of his SPS frags as well....i really hope that isn't a trend

9. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well my sps are gone and my acans are dying. all tissue loss

10. FlyingMoray Experienced Reefkeeper

Minburn, IA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, my martian moon frag is not looking good at all and my serpent eye favia is not doing well and I don't know if it's going to make it. The free sps frag is completely toast with all tissue died off. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif

11. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Ouch! Sounds like things got too cold. It was very cold last night. If they sat outside at all it would have been too cold.
    Is anyone having any luck with them?

12. Gered

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    The favia that ended up in my tank looks fine but the sps freebies are goners. Otherwise zoas look fine.

13. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    they didn't set outside after shipment. they came in as soon as the fedex guy came to the door, wife said the containers were really cold, she put them by a heater vent to try and keep them warm sine they had writing on the cups she couldnt float them in my sump, was worried the ink would come off and hurt the tank. came in 2 boxes with what i can see 3 heat pads, unless austin got one in the box he went home with. but the temps got down in the negatives over night that night, and fedex barely made their gaurantee delivery by noon. actually wife said the news already started by the time they got there. oh and yeah the zoa's are fine. i have taken pictures too.

when i opened the cup to my blue tipped efflo, it stank really really bad

14. FlyingMoray Experienced Reefkeeper

Minburn, IA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, the cold defintely was not good for them. The back of the fedex truck probably wasnt heated. I really hope that my big serpent eye favia pulls through but this morning it looked horrible.

15. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yeah this aint lookin good....

16. Cybball

Cybball Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yep, my blue digi is a very all white digi this morning. Goner. Zoas look to be ok so far. I noticed last night that the water in the cups was chilly, and I was home from Menards pretty quick (5 minutes from there).
    Stinks cause I was looking forward to seeing that digi do some growing. Sorry about some of the stuff you guys got and paid for that looks bad. Hopefully it pulls through.

17. Rustin

Rustin Inactive User GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The water was really cold. I drip acclimated for over 2 hours and my sps isnt looking good only one piece is still alive the rest was pretty much bleached from the git go. My favia, duncan, and setosa are looking ok and im sure the zoas will be fine.

18. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yeah like i said wife said the cups were pretty cold when they arrived.

19. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    this is my first time ever ordering coral online. not a good first time experience...130 some bucks for 3 zoa frags /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif

20. FlyingMoray Experienced Reefkeeper

Minburn, IA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey at least you got some hardy coral for that 130 bucks and not sps or lps.