1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

DM Midwest Frags Group buy postponed

Discussion in 'Des Moines & Ames Region' started by snowman82, Feb 8, 2010.

1. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    true, your out all together...that would suck..i couldn't justify that...have you emailed them?

2. FlyingMoray Experienced Reefkeeper

Minburn, IA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No I haven't. Can they even do anything for us? I don't know who's fault this would be. Do you want me to contact them on behalf of us or is somebody else going to?

3. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i just did, i told them they should read this and i told them my situation as well. hopefully they will chime in

4. FlyingMoray Experienced Reefkeeper

Minburn, IA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I just sent him an email as well so hopefully they will do something about this.

5. Matt

Matt Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I sent them a email last night when I got home about my missing stuff. They were really nice about it, and responded quickly. I think before people get really mad, and say anything about the whole group buy, see how they are going to fix what happened. Sucks though for alot of us even though some of the stuff was freebies. But lets see how they fix it.

6. MidWest Frags

MidWest Frags Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    To ship or not ship -- it was a tough call. Especially since we had already delayed by a week because of weather. Even at feezing temps the two packs should have been enough. We'd rather run it a bit on the cold side, because over-heating is sure death. Apparently we lost the gamble.

So here's what I want everyone to do:

Please email me what was lost from your shipment. Please include you full name and that you were part of the DM Group buy.

Email to: customerservice@midwestfrags.com

I will respond to everyone individually.

Sorry and sad for the loss.

We won't let you down,

Marvin

7. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Everything I have seen from Midwest has been 100% professional. At this point I have no doubt they will fix it to everyone's approval.
    If they do maybe we can organize a road trip in the next few weeks. Seems like I saw they will take visitors. To be honest this is why I didn't get in on the order. I have been down this path before. This weather is very difficult to successfully ship in.

8. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Gered and I had talked about taking a drive down in the next few weeks, actually thought of doing it the day of the LED meeting, we would then be at the meeting to deliver if need be..

9. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    everything was very professional. i was very pleased with everything else. i just dont like living in the midwest at times /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif haha

10. FlyingMoray Experienced Reefkeeper

Minburn, IA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If he is available I think I am going to take a trip down this weekend like sunday. I am free this weekend and it would work for me. I will let you guys know if I am going to do this.

11. FlyingMoray Experienced Reefkeeper

Minburn, IA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    He is available Sunday so I am going to be making the trip down. Anybody else wanna go with?

12. FlyingMoray Experienced Reefkeeper

Minburn, IA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Also, I will pick anything up for people and bring it up with me.

13. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    what time would you be leaving DM?

14. FlyingMoray Experienced Reefkeeper

Minburn, IA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't really have a set time in mind. Prob around noon at the latest. Might be able to leave later like 1 or 2 if we have to.

15. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i can be up there between 12 and 1. it'd be pretty close to 12. i'd be willing to ride along. i got church in the morning that we HAVE to attend this week since we have missed alot (her fam is very religious)

16. Matt

Matt Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yea, I've thought about making a trip down there too.

17. FlyingMoray Experienced Reefkeeper

Minburn, IA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Snowman, won't you be in Oskaloosa? If so, I can just pick you up on the way if thats easier. Let me know. I have to go to church as well so that time works out well. Do you think Gered will want to go with as well?

18. Matt

Matt Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Gered talked about going. Would you have room if I'd like to go?

19. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    he might, i'm not sure. we have talked about it. you could come down through osky, but how are you planning to go to overland park, kansas if your going to come down 163? it would be quicker and easier to go down 35. its a strait shot

20. FlyingMoray Experienced Reefkeeper

Minburn, IA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah Matt that should work fine. There should be pletty of room for you as well. Snowman, I guess i mixed up oskaloosa with osceola haha. If you want to meet at the interstate either osceola exit or winterset exit that would be fine too. Whatever is easiest for you is fine.