1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Dosing with Mrs. Wages Pickling Lime

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jtown, May 6, 2009.

1. CyberJester

CyberJester Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By xroads on 05/07/2009 12:21 PM
    Man I am so computer illiterite it isnt even funny!
    My controller is basically just a timer for my lights & heater & tells me what my PH is.
    One of these days I will modernize & use my controller to its potential.
    Right now I am still just trying to get everything together still.
    Craig, if you need some help automating this stuff let me know, it really isn't that hard.
    If I recall correctly you have a RKE, to set up the auto topoff stuff as long as you have the SL1 which it sounds as you do.
    All you need to do to automate the autotop off is order a $6 switch, 2 switchs if you want to run a back up shut down switch.
    Jeremy

2. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Posted By CyberJester on 05/08/2009 08:53 AM

My controller is basically just a timer for my lights & heater & tells me what my PH is.
    Craig, if you need some help automating this stuff let me know, it really isn't that hard.
    If I recall correctly you have a RKE, to set up the auto topoff stuff as long as you have the SL1 which it sounds as you do.
    All you need to do to automate the autotop off is order a $6 switch, 2 switchs if you want to run a back up shut down switch.
    Jeremy
    Actually I went with the AC3 instead.  The newness & bugs of the RKE scared me off,  That & I like Joels program.
    Right now I am waiting on getting a phone line ran to my house so I can get DSL & get my network established.

3. CyberJester

CyberJester Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By xroads on 05/08/2009 09:26 AM

Posted By CyberJester on 05/08/2009 08:53 AM

Jeremy
    Actually I went with the AC3 instead.  The newness & bugs of the RKE scared me off,  That & I like Joels program.
    Right now I am waiting on getting a phone line ran to my house so I can get DSL & get my network established. Still should not be that hard, still willing to help you get this set up.
    The only thing that would be required then is to see how a you plug a switch into that system.
    Whether they have their own that they sell or whether you just splice one in as you do with the RKE?

4. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Craig, are you using ReefTrakker?? If so, how is it working? I hadn't heard anything so I assumed you were not. Anything I need to fix for you?

5. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    No not yet, I need to get my dsl hooked up first