1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Advice? Drilled Tank Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by railch, May 19, 2015.

1. railch

railch

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wanted to get your guys opinion on what I was thinking before I placed my order. I am looking at drilling a 72 bow on the back top. Looking at using two 2" bulkheads (overkill I know, but I thought I read that the less flow going through the quieter they are). Then would T the line and drill a small hole in the pipe cap. My return will go over the tank (not drilling). Also thinking of using the following overflow box and bulkhead strainer:

http://www.aquacave.com/overflow-box-1-800gph-12-25-w-x-3-75-d-x-5.html

http://www.marinedepot.com/Lifegard...arts-Lifegard_Aquatics-RB31460-FIFTST-vi.html

The tank is near our bedrooms and living room where we watch TV so I want to make sure that it is relatively quiet. Doesn't have to be perfect, but no gurgling. I saw the Bearnie and Beananimal, but didn't want to make that complicated. Looking for simple, yet effective.

Thoughts?

2. Roman Experienced Reefkeeper

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +321 / 3 / -0
  3. railch

railch

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I saw those guys. Looked good, but saw mixed reviews on noise. Do you have any experience using them?

4. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    @Turbo's Aquatics@Turbo's Aquatics made me an overflow box for my 46 bowfront that worked awesome. I think I used 2 x 1.5" bulkheads, through the tank, then it had an external box that utilized a bean animal style drain setup. Worked awesome, is dead silent, and has the potential to flow lots of water.