1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Fall IC Tank Tour!!!! Oct 9th!!!! Sign up, chime in!

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by Andy The Reef Guy, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Andy The Reef Guy

Andy The Reef Guy Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yup, it's time for the Iowa City tank tour which traditionally occurs in the fall here! Give me a PM or just post here in the forum if you're interested in being a part of the tour! Nobody should be apprehensive about signing up for the itinerary!
    We'll end at Deb's house in Shueyville, and my home will also be a stop mid day! Let's do it guys!!!! I think Deb has a meal in store for us as well!!!
    cya,
    -Andy

2. Andy The Reef Guy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Also chime in if you're planning on attending guys! we need a headcount for dinner!

3. Gordo

Dallas Center
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm down for a tank tour!

4. Andy The Reef Guy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sweet man! Are you down for being a stop? I've really been wanting to see what you've got going on. PM me wiht an addy if your game!

5. erayk1 Well-Known ReefKeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

Coralville, IA
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Maybe, if my tank is look presentable... /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/smile.gif

6. Gordo

Dallas Center
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't think people would want to travel to Williamsburg.....
    Dang! I didn't know you lived out that way. I heard Williamsburg tap water sucks big time!!! lol I suspect they use ammonium chloride to disinfect their water system.

7. lehrjet

lehrjet Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'll be attending and probably give Deb a hand too /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

8. Reef Geek

Reef Geek Inactive User

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Andy,
    I will plan on attending.
    Thanks

9. Andy The Reef Guy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    sweet you guys!!! lets do it Elliot (erayk) has a nice LED system to check out too regardless of what the rest of the tank looks like. I have most of his sweet corals right now anyways! lol

Dude this is shaping up to be GREAT! let's keep the roll call rolling!

I will have a van at my disposal to carry 6 passengers, I believe Bob is bringing a van too from CR for some of you guys from up that way!

10. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    I will be attending Andy.
    -Bill

11. crabbyo

crabbyo

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    When it gets closer, I can post directions to get here so you can park and we can carpool to IC. We're just a couple of miles from the exit.

12. Kylie

Kylie Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I could be a stop. I should have my LEDs going by then /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/smile.gif

13. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would like to go on the tour, but my tank looks bad as of right now, so not a stop, unless you want to see what to avoid :/

14. Andy The Reef Guy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey no shame in showing a tank gone awry, some of us might have a good eye to help you improve things, I know I've had my woes over the last couple of years that for certain! Can we keep you on reserve?
    So far then we have.....4 stops confirmed, (yeah Elliot you are totally in whether your tank is presentable or not, so get to work! lol)
    I like to have one more stop! The 9th is Sunday BTW guys, and so Bob and I though we'd better leave time for church in the morning so what do you think? Sometime around 1ish or a little later? I'd like to meet up at CoralvilleBay or Sea of Marvels, if any of you guys have any preference.

15. lehrjet

lehrjet Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If anyone from the Cedar Rapids area wants to ride with me they can or if you want a stop along the way, I have a BC29 with LEDs and APEX, a FOWLR and 12 year old clown trigger, and PLANS for a 220g in wall that will have LEDs and a few other goodies starting that project in the near future.

16. ThyRaven

ThyRaven Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Not sure how far north we are taking this but if Hiawatha isnt to far North I'd let everyone come see my 125g with the new aqua-scape, the drilling AJ did, and the new stand I built for maintaining the plumbing, sump, and water storage I now have. I've came along way in 2 months time and would love to show off my work / get club member opinions on what I've done.

Just waiting on my new overflow box I ordered from Floyd. He learned some new stuff at MACNA and I've volunteered / paid to be his test dummy lol.

Havent had a chance to update my Adventures In Correct Plumbing thread, but I will try to get that in tomorrow if I have time.

As of right now I plan to be in on the tour as a touree if not a stop.

17. Kylie

Kylie Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I could be a stop. I should have my LEDs going by then /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/smile.gif

18. Andy The Reef Guy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You guys are free to mingle before the official tour by all means, but during the fall we do the IC area tour. In the spring we do the CR area tour. I've been waiting all year for folks to come have another gander at my tank!!!!

19. Andy The Reef Guy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    sounds pretty sweet man! Is that trigger enormous or what?!! I just got a blue jaw in the spring and I love him!

20. fishyness

fishyness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I am out by Williamsburg as well, if you dont get enough takers maybe Gordo and I could be a stop.