1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

For Sale Fire Sale - everything $500

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by jnjsad, May 31, 2015.

1. jnjsad

jnjsad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hello fellow reefers. I've tried to keep this up as long as I could and honestly, I really miss the 180 in wall. I still wanted to try salt water in a smaller system and it is proving more challenging than the 180 and time is my enemy. The tank is in need of some cleaning but everything else is in great shape and hardly used. Some items have sat idle now for almost a year like the Litermeter II and the Avast CS1 Pegleg Skimmer. I am heading out of town in 2 weeks for about a month and need the rest of my stuff gone. Thus the fire sale. I'd like to have it all gone in one big swoop so will sell everything I have for $500.

Here is the Lot:

Acrylic Frag Tank - 24" long x 18" deep x 10" tall.

20150531_111839a.jpg

Custom acrylic sump (built for the 180 gallon tank) 38x20x16. This was made by fellow reef member MJ out of the Des Moines area.

20150531_111738a.jpg

Liter Meter III, frag racks, 2 big boxes of misc. stuff (2 x hammerhead floats, prazipro, cupramine, probe holders, hanna checker, digital tds meter, frag tool kit (9pc) no rust, vibration dampeners (for internal pumps), multiple heaters, tubing of all sizes, several mesh lids for top of tank. They were used for the dimensions of my 180 gallon tank. More supplies if you wanted to make more lids or alter the sizing.etc.)

20150531_111604a.jpg

20150531_111723a.jpg

Fire Water Ice RODI - dual membrane increases capacity and significantly reduces waste water.

20150531_111944a.jpg

Milwaukee Seawater Refractometer MA887 (great for quick measurements)

20150531_111935a.jpg

All coral - mostly zoas and couple rock anems are best of what is left. I used to have high end zoas but I can't even begin to recall what is in there. The rock anems are wicked cool!

20150531_111905a.jpg

Live Aquaria Diver's Den yellow belly blue hippo tang
    This guy just does not want to come out for pictures. Sorry. It is 3+". Was $150 on Divers Den at 1".

Ocean Revive LED light (seperate blues & whites) dimmable

20150531_111816a.jpg

Spectrapure UPLC-II Ultra Precise Level Controller. This is the best auto top off I've ever used. Way better than Tunze Osmolator, super quiet, and can pump ato water from far distances. Mine is pumping from my ato reservoir 15 ft way.

20150531_111953a.jpg

BRS Carbon, GFO, and 2 part system.
    5 gallon water storage containers x 2 (used these when I had tank in my office)
    Salinity Salt

Avast CS1 Pegleg recirculating Skimmer with Sicce PSK 1000 pump and Avast Swabbie (needs hooked to Neptune). This was working excellent on my 180. Sold it to a guy who said it was broke when it arrived. Had him send it back. I practically took it out of the water and sent it to him so I know it worked. Now it has some broken pieces and I haven't taken the time to assemble to tubing. So, for someone who has a little it of time to assemble and clean it (been sitting a while now) you can have yourself a $400 skimmer for next to nothing.

I also have live rock in the sump and a huge container of dry rock...but I have no idea where that is. I've looked all over this morning and it's hard to loose a large tote of rock...but apparently I managed that. If I find it...it's yours as well.

I met my 10 picture limit. I have more pictures of things if anyone is interested.

So, I could piece all this out but I honestly do not have the time. I will be gone for an extended period of time and thus the $500 fire sale. Value of all this far exceeds the $500 asking. Located in Grundy Center. Thank you.

Jason

Attached Files:

2. Armydog

Armydog Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +738 / 8 / -0
    This is like the greatest deal i have ever seen

3. jnjsad

jnjsad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My hopes it that others feel the same way...I've been putting this off for so so long and now it's crunch time and have 1.5 weeks to do something with it. I've enjoyed the zoas I've gotten from you in the past. Take care!

4. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    That's only per post, not per thread. There is no per thread picture limit

5. hajas

Iowa City
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Pm sent...I think, still getting used to the new site.

6. jnjsad

jnjsad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    pm responded to hajas.
    --- Auto-Merged, May 31, 2015 ---

DSC_0334.JPG

20150531_112833a.jpg

20150531_112407a.jpg

7. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    If you dont get an offer for the full lot id make you an offer for the corals and several other things

8. mrelaz

Waterloo, IA
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    If I had a house right now I'd jump all over that!!

9. Jaked

Jaked

Ratings:
    +15 / 1 / -0
    If I wasn't getting married next weekend if be on my way to Grundy center right now...

10. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Good luck Jason with the sale! Have a great trip!! You'll be back in to the salt before you know it:0) Time flies!

11. DangerJ Well-Known ReefKeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +322 / 4 / -0
    :O I'll second what Armydog said...this is an incredible deal. Wish I had the capacity for this currently. I hope someone can jump on this, in the meantime here's a bump. Good luck with your sale!!!

12. jnjsad

jnjsad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thank all! Sale is pending to hajas. Several of you have PM me for specific items. Hajas stated that he will be posting items that he won't be using once he goes through everything.