1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Gaming PC`s!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Andy The Reef Guy, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Andy The Reef Guy

Andy The Reef Guy Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The rest of my stuff is HERE!! and I've spend all night (the last 10 hours) trouble shooting all sorts of things blah....(READ YOUR MOBO MANUAL lol)

anyways, here's the goods:

New Antec 1100 case poised and ready to engulf the lil olde Antec 300. New case has amazing cable management!
    [​IMG]

I went ahead and god ANOTHER SSD, for 3 ssds in raid 0 config...gonna be blazing fast!
    [​IMG]

I popped a couple sweet little ccfl's in the front panel of the new case:
    [​IMG]

And the results were awesome!
    [​IMG]

I'm reusing my olde Sapphire 6950 TOXIC edition (unlocked to 6970) 2gb ram onboard 1500 shaders 880mhz 1400mhz mem clock. I figured why not? I'm getting 40fps in BF3 with settings on Ultra (even more with the new chipset/cpu), and the card that I was looking at (gtx670ftw) is only a little bit better
    [​IMG]

2. hart

hart Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
    Wow! Now that's a gaming PC! My monitor was $400 from microcenter and I have it hooked up with HDMI not dvi. It is the cheapest decent 2560 one out there when I got it a few months ago.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/384780/EQ276W_27_IPS_LED_Monitor

That higher resolution is crazy. If anyone games it's the largest graphics jump if you have a decent system IMO. You can YouTube differences between the resolutions. You won't want to go back!

3. Andy The Reef Guy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Right on! That's a really good price for a 27" IPs 1billion:1 2560res monitor. I might go for a slightly more posh monitor anyhow when I decide to go for it, but it will be a couple months down the road. I really like the Dell Ultrasharp monitors and AOC zero edge monitors (although the AOC isn't 2560res). Yah my current 24" monitor is also HDMI, no other way!

4. hart

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
    Those are really nice, I would love one but for my old computer value was the top priority, lol. Even with the system being older with the new 7850 I put in it does pretty well at that much resolution. Glad you have everything worked out! Once you go 2560 nothing less will ever be good enough again. Just like these damn reef tanks, haha.

5. Andy The Reef Guy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, I decided I wasn't going to go overboard on the screen, but I did want something slightly bigger, and better quality. So I got the AOC i2757fh; a 1920x1080 67hz+ 27" IPS panel. I've been messing with the settings and I can get it upto 110hz before I start getting weird ghosting and AA artifacts. It's pretty amazing picture, really blowing my mind on games and multi media!

[​IMG]

As you can tell it's quite large!

[​IMG]

6. Andy The Reef Guy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I went ahead and got a second 6950 hd video card, it was cheap so I figured it was better than a single card and I should be able to crank it up when Crysis 3 comes out next month! It's an MSI card same clock and everything as my current 6950 hd by Sapphire. Already I'm gettin INSANE frame rates on BF3, hasn't dropped below 85fps on Ultra High settings! Check it:

[​IMG]

Also got a new pair of Creative Labs 2.1 speakers. my old Altec Lansing speakers were large, cumbersome and less powerful. I have to say I'm impressed with the sound quality out of a $40 set of speakers!

[​IMG]

Also, an old favorite, my gigabyte aivia k8100 keyboard. It's a sweet gaming board, back lit and built in media controls and macro engine. This and the wireless adjustable dpi mouse that matches is key to a bawlin game rig. It's freakin awesome!

[​IMG]

Next month I'm building a REAL liquid cooling system for this rig, and sometime in the future I'll include gpu cooling as part of the loop once I get a single gpu instead of the pair set up I'm running. Too much power, too much cash for both water blocks.

7. Andy The Reef Guy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hooked up my w/c loop today! Not very significant drop in idle temps (~29c) but huge decrease in load temps. I did 1 hour in AIDA64 and an hour in 3dmark and each core never topped 53c.

I'm just using one XSPC RX120 in a loop with the Swiftech Apogee Drive II pump/cpu block and an XSPC reservoir. Pretty sweet! I'll start some folding exercises soon!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. hart

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
    Wow, I want! Very nice.

9. Andy The Reef Guy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks man! I started cranking up freq and voltage, and it isn't scaling very well.... :/ I think I may need to reseat and reapply TIM. I'm reaching 90*c @ 4.4ghz in prime 95 after 1 hr. (not particularly impressive for a $300 w/c setup!)

10. Andy The Reef Guy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just a few mores for the geeks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. hart

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
    Playing anything recently? I have been too busy to dig into AC3 yet and I saw there is some DLC out for it already.