1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

getting out of hobby, any suggestions?? anyone???

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by butterflyshopper, Apr 3, 2010.

1. butterflyshopper

butterflyshopper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm sad to say that I'm getting out of my hobby. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif Due to moving soon.... I have a 30 gallon saltwater tank with fish, softcoral and rocks. Here are a list of some equipments:
    Light: Lumenar Large LIII Reflector with adjustable mogul assembly; Coralvue 250 Watt Dimmable Electronic Ballast; 250 W Reeflux 12000K MH bulb. (10/2007)
    Chiller: Arctica Titanium Chiller 1/10 HP. (4/2009)
    Coralife Super Skimmer Needle Sheel Protein Skimmer 125 gallon. (4/2007)
    SpectraPure 90GPD MaxCap Reverse Osmosis/Deionization (RO/DI) system. (4/2007)
    Automatic Top Off Controller. (5/2009)

2. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    To get max $$, list out everything individually, clean it up, take pictures. Use Marine Depot to get current new price and depending on age and condition, my general rule of thumb is to shoot for 40% to 60% of MD price...again, based on age and condition. On the corals, check to see if any others have sold in this area (on these forums) for comparable values and compare size, health, colors, etc. I've found that prices vary drastically from one region to another so checking RC livestock does not give you good comparable prices. Good luck.

--AJ

3. butterflyshopper

butterflyshopper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Thanks A,J for your advice. They are very helpful!    /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

4. SaltWaterloo

SaltWaterloo Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I might be interested in some of your rock /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif and im only just getting into corals and stuff but if i can afford them i might be interested in some. lemme know what your thinking /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif thanks!

-sam

5. butterflyshopper

butterflyshopper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sam,
        Please email me your email adress so that I can send you pics.  I tried to post pics of my saltwater tank..... but it did not work.

6. JoeVic

JoeVic Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'd be interested in your RO/DI unit and possibly the auto top off controller. Just let me know

7. htt

htt

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would be interested in the ro unit and the skimmer. hope to hear form you...

8. Big D Well-Known ReefKeeper

Center Point
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    would like all of your fish if they are reef safe . can i have a list ? was supose to get some from another person but looks like that deal went sour........

9. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What kind of ATO is it? May be interested in that. Pics? /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif
    sziklassyvet@gmail.com