1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Glad to be back after a few years

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by TimT, Feb 24, 2013.

1. TimT

Belle Plaine
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    After taking about a 4-5 year layoff it is good to be back in the hobby. I really missed it. Have a 90 gallon set back up and am waiting for everything to settle in. Looking into getting the AI Sol lights here soon.

Tim

2. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Welcome back. You are not alone in being a "returner" to this hobby. I was out of it for 8 years. Lost everything in a 75 gallon way back then when our *house's* programmable thermostat kicked in on high heat over a 3 day weekend in March back then (we were out of town). We came home and the thermometer in the tank was spiked and everything was dead. We were in the process of moving and I didn't have it in me to move a "dead" tank, so we go out.

Now I'm back, things in the world of saltwater have changed for the better with more options, cheaper options (things that are common today were a little less common back then), and do forth. I think that this is a great time to get back into the hobby.

Good luck and welcome back!

3. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    Welcome back. Always great to see posts about people being able to get back into the hobby after leaving it for awhile.

If you're interested, the CR/IC region is having the tank tour in a couple weeks. Even if your tank is not ready to show you're welcome to join us for the day to see some tanks and maybe get back in touch with some old friends, and make new ones as well. Watch the CR tank tour thread for more details.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2015
  4. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Welcome back Tim! Can't wait to know more about your setup! As Runner said Tank tour in March!

KP

5. Fultsreef

Fultsreef Inactive User

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Welcome Tim! I am new here and hope that you get back up and into the hobby again and find lots of enjoyment!