1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Good Afternoon Sports Fans

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Fence13, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Fence13 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +300 / 1 / -0

Well Good Afternoon all,

My names Chris. I live here in Des Moines. I've been keeping fish tanks for about 6 months now, so I'm sitll brand new in the hobby. I have a small 27 gallon saltwater tank in my room wth about 4 fish (2 firefish, 6line wrasse, and a yellow watchman goby that I never see) and two soft corals in it. I've also got a freshwater 40g that I'm looking to turn into a reef tank someday. I hope I can learn a lot from you guys as I still seem to have new questions every week.

I'm not a very patient person, which is why I find a lot of irony in me liking this hobby because some things take time and I'm still getting used to that /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif Always looking for local people to meet up and help each other out. Sadly right now, I'd probably be the one in need of the assistance yet, somedayI hope to know a lot and then help teach other new comers.

Well this is long and in-depth so thanks for reading I guess and I'll see you around /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/cool.gif

~Chris

2. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Chris and welcome to the club.

from the sounds of it you are off to a great start and by finding this club you just took one more step towards success. Be sure to check out the Des Moines regional group and see about attending one of their get together.

3. boji89rs

boji89rs

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey Chris,

This is Gary, Keri's fiance, welcome to girs.

4. Alex McG

Altoona, IA
    Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Welcome

5. bearsareawsome Well-Known ReefKeeper

Norwalk, IA
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the club. We do lost of fun stuff in the DSM area so keep your eye out for our meetings and such.