1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Hello from the Windy City!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by DB9181, Mar 24, 2014.

1. DB9181

DB9181 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Hey! Just wanted to briefly introduce myself - My name is Dan, from Chicago and am a privately contracted K9 Officer (Explosive Detection/Patrol) here is my partner in [fighting] crime, K9 Pedro:

[​IMG]

I've been heavly involved in reefing for the past several years. Prior I had a ton of freshwater tanks but the saltwater bug got me and its taken over. I am a member of several forums, primarily CMAS (Chicago Marine Aquarium Society) and ChicagoReefs.com. Zoas and Palys are my addicting (although I love most coral), I am known on the Chicago forums for having Z/Ps... if you're looking for something between 3-4 of us we probably have it.

I currently have a 120gal Display with a 20L frag/grow out tank - Things are busting at the seams and I'd love to come up there for your upcoming swap and share some of my goodies.

Here's just some of my collection:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

As well as my frag tank which is even fuller than this:

[​IMG]

Hopefully I'm able to make it up to the swap and share a ton of frags with all of you and swap experiences. I easily have over 50 different types, should have frags of everything shown plus more ... I can hold nearly 400 frags in a 20L /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif

2. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Nice pictures . Great picture of your partner and the frags . Your going to make some people very happy . Kp

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
  3. DB9181

DB9181 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Oh and also forgot to mention, I'm also recently engages (Jan 7th) which is the main reason for thinning out my collection ... its time to start saving money for the upcoming wedding.

4. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Welcome! Love your Shepard! I have one too ;0) We have alot in common as I'm a zoa collector. I quit counting at 30 because I didn't want to know exactly how many I have! lol Hope you can make it to our SpringFest! There are several hobbyists that rent a table and sell there wares and corals. We also have vendors such as Gonzo's Coral Frags. Stop by my table and say hello! Again welcome and Congrats on the engagement!!

5. Bigkel

Bigkel Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hope you can make it. My buddy is a zoo finatic and is always looking to add to his collection!

6. welcome to the forum and thats a great assortment of stock and pix you have there!

7. DB9181

DB9181 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for all the welcomes and kinds words /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/smile.gif

8. DB9181

DB9181 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Doesn't look like I'll be able to make it up for this swap as all the non-member hobbyist tables are filled, but I hope to make it up for the next one /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/smile.gif If there's something you were interested in, PM me and maybe we can work something out.

9. Bboge13 Pico Reef Keeper

Center Point, IA
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to hear it, was really looking forward to meeting you. Maybe next time!