1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Hello Iowa Reefers

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by jucarlos, Jul 6, 2013.

1. jucarlos

jucarlos New User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Hi everybody, I just moved to Iowa and had to leave my aquarium behind before comming. It was sad to me but at the same time I am happy I moved to this beauthiful place.

I am planning on going to the diy meeting, even though I don't have an aquarium yet, I think it would be great to meet with other people crazy for aquariums.

2. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    You've found a great group of hobbyists here. Where did you move from? Got any pics of the previous tank? Are you planning to get a new tank going?

3. jucarlos

jucarlos New User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I moved from Mexico. For sure I want anew aquarium but I dunno when that will happen. Anyway, I cannot help but to plan my next aquarium which I am thinking something around 200 gallons.

This was my previous aquarium, as you can see it was not so nice but I enjoyed a lot:

[​IMG][/URL][/img][​IMG][/URL][/img][​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Welcome! Looking forward to meeting you at the DIY meeting :0) That tank looks fine :0) Hope you get back in soon!!

5. Hello and welcome to the club!

Nothing wrong with your last tank at all, I think it looks sweet. But now the beauty of it is that you probably know exactly how you want everything laid out with your new tank so everything will be perfect. Can't wait for you to get started on the new adventure.

6. jucarlos

jucarlos New User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for your comments, it is gonna be a while till I get started again but I like saltwater tanks so much that I keep myself entertained with the idea of my next tank. In this beautiful country there are so many options for aquariums, in terms of equipment, corals available and forums, that makes me think that here is the dream destination for an aquarist hobbyist.

7. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to Iowa and welcome to GIRS. Great people around here.