1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by klmule, Oct 28, 2013.

1. klmule Well-Known ReefKeeper

Belle Plaine
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0

So, I have been a memeber for a few months now but have't offically announced myself. My name is Kenny. I live in Belle Plaine. I purchased a 180 from another member of GIRS in April, not sure what his account name was but his name was Mike Pazour from Shueyville. I know most of you know him and I worked with his dad before he retired early this year. I work a lot of hours so I have been working on this in my spare time is why it is taking me so long to get it up and going. I did a full built in surround for the aquarium is what has taken me the longest. I am waiting on my DIY leds from Steves right now and they should be here on Wednesday or Thursday. I am really looking forward to fall fest to meet everyone and to check out the deals. I don't think I will be fully cycled by then but I still plan on going. I have had several FOWLS in the past but this is my first reef and am totally excited about it. We were in Chicago last weekend and made it a point to stop by Coral Haven on the way back. I have been to quite a few different LFS's and they have a very clean setup so I look forward to going back to see them. Anyway, I am sure I will have plenty of questions and just from the few months I have been a member and been snooping around I know that I am in a good place to get answers from a good group of folks. Hello, to everyone and look forward to meeting some of you in a few weeks. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

2. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Welcome! Money Mike is the guy you're thinking of. Did you also buy the algae scrubber along with his setup?

3. F.D. Reefer Well-Known ReefKeeper

Fort dodge
    Ratings:
    +98 / 1 / -0
    Money mike
    I miss that guys posts.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Long Live $ Money Mike $

5. Nik Experienced Reefkeeper

Windsor Heights
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    rIGHT, ME TO /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/cool.gif

6. klmule Well-Known ReefKeeper

Belle Plaine
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    I wish he still had the algae scrubber, most of his stuff was pretty picked over by the time I got to him. Wish I could have had a crack at his lighting system before he sold them off, oh and his skimmer. Still working on finding a skimmer for this.

7. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Welcome Kenny! I'll be selling so look me up and say hi :0)