1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Hello!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by xiaoxiy, Mar 22, 2014.

1. xiaoxiy

xiaoxiy

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0

I've made a few posts on GIRS forums, but haven't properly introduced myself yet.

First thing's first: Hello!

I'm from Ames IA. I started my journey in the aquarium hobby about a year and a half ago. My first aquarium was a el-cheapo walmart 3 gallon cylinder aquarium. Like most new fishkeepers, I had no idea what the nitrogen cycle was and immediately stocked my tank with 3 GloFish Black Skirt Tetras /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/unsure.gif. Fortunately, they all survived the cycle, and were soon put into a 30 gallon planted tank. After slowly exploring the planted tank for a year or so and designing my planted tank, I stumbled upon nano reefing.

After three days of browsing nano-reef forums and the awesome tanks on that site, I decided to start my own nano reef: a deadly mistake. Ever since, I have been hooked. As of right now, I am running a six-gallon nano reef(in fact, I transfered all my livestock from my other tank to it only a few days ago!).

I'm super excited to be a part of GIRS.

Xiaoxi

P.S. I really can't wait to attend spring fest, and things springs frag fest so I can meet all of you! /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif

2. areefoffaith

areefoffaith Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ok great welcome

3. Reefman

Reefman Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to GIRS!!

4. welcome to GIRS

were glad to have new peps around and look forward to hearing more about you! make shure and check out your local region activities as well.

joshua

5. xiaoxiy

xiaoxiy

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    Thanks guys. I'm super excited to be a part of the community!