1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by Jim, Mar 29, 2014.

1. that would be awesome roman I appreciate it please send me your cell again I wanted to contact u but realized when I got my new phone your number didnt transfer

2. Rookie...

Iowa City
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Not sure where you are located but if you wanted a large canister filter to run a large amount of charcoal. I have one I used for a very short time. This is the link, I got it new at Petco but you could have it for $25. Pretty sure it would be helpful but again I am a bit of a rookie and not sure if the fish experts would think this would do the trick. http://m.petco.com/product/117231/Fluval-06-External-Canister-Filters.aspx

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
  3. rookie that sounds like a good idea as well text me I will meet you this week 319-899-1176

4. Zach Well-Known ReefKeeper

Coralville, Iowa
    Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Where did this land? I know I am new to the forums but I have a hospital set up in a 20 with about 600x filtration. To house anytthing that needs it. I would have been suspect of the original cycle and if it actually occured esp after 6 months and a sudden ammonia spike. Either that or there was a serious biological die off in the tank caused by chlorines, copper or one of many other chemical induced issues.

Is the tank still running?

5. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    He was using tap water. It started changing on him and it had some bad stuff in it. he didn't know it. I talked him through it and got him to figure it out. I think he is doing good now the last time we text each other. He said he will us R/O from now on. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/smile.gif I said it the only way to make sure you know your water is stable and neutral to start with.

It would be cool too get an update from him! I will text him and see if can.

KP

6. Hello all sorry for the delay we have been on vacation and had a crazy week before. Things are much better I bought my own rodi system and also started running bio pellets as well. Plus this weekend I added big johns ai Sols that I bought from him and that has been awesome as well. I need to get rid of some items so if anybody wants them let me know I'd be willing to trade for frags now that I am basically starting over. I have a black brittle starfish he is getting bigger and needs to go.. I also have a large crab I am guessing an emerald one so if anybody is interested let me know.