1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

I HATE Reef Central!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by AJ, Nov 18, 2009.

1. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Good point...I enjoy the information. I dislike their rule implementations and the behavior of some of their moderators.
    Heck, why can't I have the cake and eat it too?  /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/hehe.gif

2. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Posted By cowdust9 on 11/19/2009 07:21 PM
    really i dont understand how you could really hate rc? I can understand that some of the things they changed are not working for you (I hate the way it looks now) and that sucks but, man they got so much info and you can find info from back in the day till today :) and being able to look and see how other people do it is really cool to me. I'm not saying everyone should love it i just dont understand why anyone would hate it with that much free info?
    Nobody hates the information on RC, just the way it's managed/moderated.   Yes, there is a ton of information there, but in reality you are not getting all the information you could.  A significant portion gets "filtered" by RC.   For example, links to competing sites or negative information about RC sponsors often disappears (at least it used to).
    Once you have a few of your threads inexplicably "moderated" you'll understand a little better where we are coming from.
    -JB

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    everyone should also check out 3reef.com. Another great reef site. Not as good as the local site here, but its pretty awesome.

4. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By JB on 11/19/2009 07:37 PM

Posted By cowdust9 on 11/19/2009 07:21 PM
    really i dont understand how you could really hate rc? I can understand that some of the things they changed are not working for you (I hate the way it looks now) and that sucks but, man they got so much info and you can find info from back in the day till today :) and being able to look and see how other people do it is really cool to me. I'm not saying everyone should love it i just dont understand why anyone would hate it with that much free info?
    Nobody hates the information on RC, just the way it's managed/moderated.   Yes, there is a ton of information there, but in reality you are not getting all the information you could.  A significant portion gets "filtered" by RC.   For example, links to competing sites or negative information about RC sponsors often disappears (at least it used to).

Once you have a few of your threads inexplicably "moderated" you'll understand a little better where we are coming from.
    -JB
    You mean like my legitimate complaint on this site about Oceanic's customer service I made a thread about back in September.

5. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Club officers are held to a different standard Andrew. Had you not been an officer at the time, there would not have been a problem with the post despite it's incredibly bad timing.