1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

I`m New

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Borky00, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Borky00 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Lisbon
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0

Hello! I'm new to GIRS and new to SW. I have many years experience with FW but recently took the dive into SW. (See what I did there /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif?)

I bought a 55G tank with live rocks, and about 35G or water to speed up the cycle process on June 22nd.I have read much both in books and on line. Hoping to get my first Clean up Crew soon, probably after RAGBRAI so I can keep an eye on them.

Looking forward to talking fish with the group! Most likely it will be asking questions as I don't have any friends with a salt water tank.

Bill

(Lisbon, IA)

2. Armydog

Armydog Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +738 / 8 / -0
    Welcome to the club

3. ThyRaven

ThyRaven Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the club! Frag fest will be coming up in Sept as well. This hobby is a read, wait, and re-read process. I'm learning that the hard way lol but a lot of the club members have gently smacked me upside the head and things are starting to pan out. Not to go all sales guy on you but give the site a couple weeks / months and maybe throw that $20 in for a membership. It helps keep us online and also opens up the members only sections.

4. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Welcome this a great place to start.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
  5. Nik Experienced Reefkeeper

Windsor Heights
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Good to see new people! Ask away, this is by far one of the greatest resources available. BUNCH OF GREAT PEOPLE!! Welcome!

6. OneFishTwoFish

Ames
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    wait theres a frag fest in september? i thought it was in november? in cedar rapids right?

7. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    That is correct, Fall Fest is in November in Cedar Rapids, there is also a hobbyist frag swap in Des Moines the beginning of August.

8. ThyRaven

ThyRaven Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Sorry I got my months screwed up on the frag fests again.

9. D007 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +66 / 1 / -0
    Welcome to the group!!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
  10. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Welcome to the addiction! :0) You'll soon want a larger tank and, deeper pockets! LOL

11. Borky00 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Lisbon
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Thanx everyone for the greetings! Looking forward to getting my system up and running. I think my kids are more impatient than I am, they keep asking when are we going to get fish? What is the purpose of this tank? etc. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/smile.gif