1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

issues i have seen on this site

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by seyzar18, Jul 2, 2012.

1. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Funny because you had to totally misquote Glaspie to try and make your argument seem more valid.   Show me where he said that he wouldn't help a non-member.   You CAN'T because he never said that did he?  
    On the contrary, he said that he'd be more likely to go above and beyond for a club member.   When you think about it, that IS sort of the point of being a part of a club right?   Whether you like it or not, his viewpoint is just as valid as yours.
    1) I CHALLENGE you to find 3 threads on this forum where someone said they said they wouldn't answer someone's question unless they became a member.    I don't think you can do it, nor do I think you will try because you know you can't. 
    2)  I ask, AGAIN, you WHAT is wrong with people occasionally encouraging non-members to help pay out the club by paying yearly dues?  

2. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I'm failing to see what Craig said that was unprofessional.   Craig isn't in his store right now talking to customers.   He's just stating his opinion in this thread/debate.
    As far as bad posts about Hung, if you are referring to the same post that I'm thinking of, I think you may have mus-interpreted the meaning of the post.     In any case, there's been a lot of good and bad things posted about Hung's shop, Craig's shop and just about every other shop in Iowa.   That's the nice thing about a site like this.   We can all post our opinions whether others agree with them or not.

3. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    It's more than clear you've made it a point to feel that every member on this site is against you in some way. I said my bit, I'll stand by it, if you can't properly read it that's your issue, not mine. But before you judge a book by it's cover please understand I've been a member of this club almost ten years, helped hundreds of people, members and non members. For Christs sake I have given away complete set-ups to people just to help them get in the hobby. The 20 bucks means nothing to me, I've actually paid it for people who didn't have the cash just so they could feel like they were doing there part. Member or non member I've never not helped someone that has asked, you can think what you want about me, it won't hurt my feelings, and you can feel about the club and the website as you wish. But remember the people you sometimes insult are the people you would have gotten the most help from.

4. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Seyzar, you are flinging mud. I suggest you take JB up on his challenge. Show us what you are seeing then lets talk.

We want people to see the value of having a club like this and encourage them to help support the club with a $20 yearly membership fee.

Forget any kind of member bonuses, perks. or preferred treatment that may or may not be there. Forget what it cost to keep it going.

The community and wealth of information readily available is worth $20 a year.

5. MJB Tanks Well-Known ReefKeeper

Pleasant Hill, IA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The only thing that upsets me is that I can't shop at Costco without a membership. I want to buy in bulk too /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/sad.gif

6. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    LOL.   Oh the irony.