1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

[Jan 28, 2017] Des Moines/Ames Holiday Party (West Des Moines, IA)

Discussion in 'Des Moines & Ames Region' started by Fence13, Jan 19, 2017.

Des Moines/Ames Holiday Party
Posted By Fence13

Jeanette's House
1630 Green Branch Cir, West Des Moines, IA 50265, USA
Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 12:30 PM
(ends Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 04:00 PM)
Timezone: America/Chicago

Upcoming Occurrences

All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Chicago

This event does not have any/other upcoming occurrences...
  1. Waterrat41 Addicted Reefer GIRS Member

Des moines
    Ratings:
    +147 / 1 / -0
    I'll bring some cookies or something for desert. :cool:

2. daalbers

daalbers Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +24 / 3 / -0
    I will be there as long as my ride comes threw witch is kyle so he will be there also I will bring some short of desert

3. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +615 / 2 / -0
    @Region: Des Moines & Ames

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow! Although the 'RSVP' button on the event only lists 8 people coming, from all the responses here, it looks like we will be around 15 people (at least)! That would be a great turnout!

Event to start at 12:30 - with plans to eat @ 1:00

Potluck: I will be providing the main dish - lasagna
    Others - please bring an appetizer, bread (garlic :)), salad, or dessert.
    Drinks: I've got water bottles. If you want an alcoholic beverage - BYOB. If someone wants to bring a couple liters of soft drinks that would be great also.

So far I've seen that someone is bringing a meat/cheese tray w crackers, cookies or a dessert, garlic bread, and a relish tray. Any additions to that list would be great.

Bring a frag for the swap if you have one. Dave and I will have a few extra.

Door prizes for club members - Frag kit, Ebo Jager heater, DI resin, GFO, Activated carbon, Kalkwasser, Calcium supplement, Alk supplement, a couple test kits.. I've got a dozen prizes - so that should be one for each club member - unless we end up with alot of additional club members that didn't RSVP.

See you tomorrow!!!!

4. Tamerd

des moines
    Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately not attending :( ended up moving back to denver

5. I just replied as a maybe. I think I may have just got out of chaperoning tomorrow's winter formal.

6. When it's really cold out, like today, I'll fill a plastic dish with hot water and put it in the cooler beside the baggie with coral in it, kinda acts like a heat pack.

7. DangerJ Well-Known ReefKeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +322 / 4 / -0
    My truck decided to run over some debris in the road, and my spare's not holding air :mad:- I'll be able to make it to the party a little bit after 2 when my wife gets off work!

• Uh oh! Not good! Uh oh! Not good! x 1
    • List
  8. daalbers

daalbers Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +24 / 3 / -0
    Kyle and I are on are way

9. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +615 / 2 / -0
    Thanks everyone that was able to make it. Had a good turnout with 14 members plus another 5 spouses, kids, or non-members. It was a nice mix of long-time and relatively new members. We had some discussion on events for the new year - so looking forward to seeing more activity again in the region!! I hope everyone had a good time!
    It was nice to see new and old faces (as in membership, not age......).

10. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Who were the 2 people that renewed? @Fence13@Fence13 said "kyle" and "sjames" did he mean @sjones@sjones? What is Kyle's username?

11. Waterrat41 Addicted Reefer GIRS Member

Des moines
    Ratings:
    +147 / 1 / -0
    Thank you Jeanette (and Kelly) for opening up your home to all of us and sponsoring this event...the lasagna was good too!:)
    I hade a great time and I very much appreciate the frags, calcium, food and friendship I left with!!!
    I look forward to future events.

12. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Got 'er done, @sjones@sjones and @ksm88@ksm88 upgraded!

13. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Also, sorry I missed the party. Wife was working, kid had 2 BB games, one against the #7 3rd grade team in the country - now that was an interesting game, we didn't get totally smoked but at times it was like we were playing a college team, they had some moves!

Hope everyone got enough flake food! I need to send the rest of those boxes around!

14. DMreefer

DMreefer

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Disappointed that I missed. Migraines suck.

Will look forward to the next one!

15. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Me three! Sounds like a very good Christmas party! I won't be able to make it to a lot of meetings but I'll be at those I can:9) I'm starting physical therapy tomorrow so things are getting better. Woot!! No headaches for a week!!:D