1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

June 11th CR area Tank Tour!!!*

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by Andy The Reef Guy, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Andy The Reef Guy

Andy The Reef Guy Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Cedar Rapids area GIRS Tank Tour
    ...AND BBQ / Grill-out

Saturday June 11th
    Meet @ Pet's Playhouse
    Start time 1300 (1pm)
    This is my favorite club event everybody!!! Last fall we did the IC tour and everybody had a great time, frags were swapped, pictures were taken, and everybody was impressed with the different setups and animals everybody else had going on in their tanks!!!
    Now I know, we all feel like our tanks need a little more time before they're in "presentable" conditions, but that's the nature of these things! Don't be afraid, shy, or ashamed! We've all been there before I promise!!!! And hey, you might even pick up a few tips, and you'll definitely go home with a lot of new ideas!
    Plus I'll be taking pictures for the club and we'll get some good shots up on GIRS for everybody to check out! Here's our album from fall:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/reefteck/sets/72157625182798334/
    So let's get a sign up list going! Please hollar out on the thread so everybody knows who's gonna be there, then post your address or pm it to Bob or I so we can get a map going!
    What do ya say peeps!?!?!?!?
    -ANdy
    Edit* date has now been changed (again) to June 11th! thread has been updated to reflect this!

2. Troy

Troy Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just on FYI. Pets Playhouse will be having there K9 Fundraiser that day. I have been there the last 3 years they did it, and that place is packed with people. On the other hand vendors like All Glass and Oceanic will be at the store giving great deals on tanks and equipment.

3. MXC207 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I'd be interested in joining in! Address is 1000 32nd St SE Cedar Rapids.

4. Andy The Reef Guy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    In light of this we are considering a change of date, just because we really would like to have the best attendance possible, and of course we want to make sure that you're not tied up there Troy and unable to go with us.
    We will update when we've reached a decision. 
    -ANdy

5. Troy

Troy Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That would be great. I would like to be apart of the tour, but I wouldn't be able to if it was held on 21th.

6. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah...we exchanged messages on this and we certainly don't want to schedule anything that would impact the attendance to the K9 event. I know this is a very important event to them and we want to be available to attend, not have a competing event. We want to be respectful to their event scheduling, and I assume they would do the same for us.

--AJ

7. kmcgill88

kmcgill88 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm down! My tank has nothing in it so I doubt anyone will wanna look. I do have a discus tank. I'm more interested in seeing everyone's established tanks. June 4 works fine for me.

8. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I might be able to put my tank on the tour this year depending on the final date. My tanks a mess, but I do have some new lights to show off!

9. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hopefully I can be rid of my flatworms by then and have my new sump setup online, but in any case, I'll put my tank on the tour.

--AJ

10. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Don't worry AJ, I'll have flatworms too. I haven't treated them yet because I don't want to risk killing any berghia that may still be alive in my system (I have evidence that there are a few left).

-JB

11. bobsfish

bobsfish Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    ok.....so we are moving the Cedar Rapids Tank Tour (again!) to June 11. But...the benefit is that we will combine it with the BBQ / Grill-Out. ...should be a great time !!

12. ThyRaven

ThyRaven Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Have we set an official start time yet?  Where are we thinking about having the BBQ?

13. MXC207 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    1. Is the tour actually on the 11th or is it still the 4th?
    2. How do we go about putting our tank on the tour? Do I just post on here I wanna throw mine on or do I need to msg someone?
    3. What times this gonna start, route, where were meeting up?
    Thanks!

14. MXC207 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Okay sorry I didnt reallize the original post was edited to have the meeting place, my bad on that one lol.

15. bobsfish

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Start time will likely be noon (+/- and hour)...we will set an exact time when we schedule all the stops. We still are looking for more stops. The tour will end in Marion, so the BBQ is planned to be in Marion. Depending on exactly how many stops, we will have the BBQ at dinner-time...5'ish.
    If you're in the Cedar Rapids/Marion/Hiawatha/Robins area.....sign up. We have a few tanks planned, but we could use more.

16. bobsfish

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    The tour has been moved to the 11th.
    To sign up...just post a reply to the site. Or...drop me or Andy a PM.
    Start time will be as I stated in the previous post...roughly noon.

17. clown man Well-Known ReefKeeper

Iowa city,iowa
    Ratings:
    +29 / 2 / -0
    this sounds funn

18. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Wish it would have been on the 4th... /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/sad.gif

19. Andy The Reef Guy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We need a couple of more stops anybody interested in signing up!!! common!!!!!

20. Andy The Reef Guy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We need a couple of more stops anybody interested in signing up!!! common!!!!!