1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

June 11th CR area Tank Tour!!!*

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by Andy The Reef Guy, Apr 26, 2011.

1. ThyRaven

ThyRaven Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Well we could swing past my place and set my 125 gallon up but that doesnt sound like a lot of fun lol. I'm planning to tag along and steal ideas, I mean learn from others /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/biggrin.gif. Is there a camera rule?

2. Andy The Reef Guy

Andy The Reef Guy Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well i would guess that would be up to the individual owner nut it hasnt been a problem in the past. generally pleased to have people interested in taking pictures.

3. ThyRaven

ThyRaven Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Awesome! I'm mostly looking to see what people have done / are doing with there tanks. Also looking at seeing how people have equipment setup and what is truly needed to maintain tank performance.

4. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wish you could have made it...I know everyone would be interested in checking out your LED build.

5. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0

Ah man JB your not on the tour? I was looking forward to seeing the changes you have made to your tank. [​IMG]

6. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Nope sorry... 11th is impossible for me.

7. wesly2007 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    too bad this wont be held on a sunday i could show off my saltwater tank and my dart frog set up.
    /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/crying.gif

8. Andy The Reef Guy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You're killing attendance lol!

9. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    You're right...   I'll just tell my grandmother that I can't be at her 100th birthday party because we're having a tank tour that day...

10. Andy The Reef Guy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was just joking man....sorry

11. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I know...  /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif
    You could always reschedule the Tour BBQ so that me (your humble webmaster and long time CR member) could actually attend and have my tank on the tour...
    Just sayin... /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

12. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    Wow granny's 100th b-day that's preaty special.

13. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    Wow granny's 100th b-day that's preaty special.

14. Andy The Reef Guy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah I know JB, I'm really sorry. I saw you had your LED workshop that must have been fun, did you havea few people over for that? It's jsust with this event the date had already changed twice and I didn't want to change it AGAIN and cause more confusion and schedule problems with everybody else. I really wish we could have had you on the tour!
    Actually, can a couple of us make a trip up to see you sometime before the end of the month JB, I relaly wanna see your LED set up!
    -ANdy

15. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    You mean my LED workshop that nobody bothered to show up for?

We might be able to figure out something later this month... June is kind of crazy for me.

16. Andy The Reef Guy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Damn JB! Yeah let's do it then, I definately want to come. Likewise with scheduling this month!

17. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    Hay Andy let me know when your going I would love to tag along. As long as that's ok with you JB? I realy wanted to make your led workshop but it was the day of my kids bday party. I'm planing on building a led set up for a 29g nano and would like to see your set up in person.
    -Bill

18. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Yep, you are both welcome to stop by. We just need to figure out when will work.

19. Andy The Reef Guy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ATTN everybody, I don't know if you noticed the announcement I posted yesterday but we need a head count for the event, coming up this weekend. chime in or pm me if you're def going to be there!

20. crabbyo

crabbyo

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I'd love to come along on the tour as my first official event as a member. Would invite everyone to see our new 180, but there's just sand, water and some rock right now. Maybe the next time.