1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Looking to Buy Looking for one side of a Marineland 125 glass canopy/cover

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Whitey, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Whitey

Ames, IA
    Ratings:
    +20 / 1 / -0
    Hi all,
    I've been using a cracked cover on half my aquarium, and that half has gotten more algae than the clear half. Originally I thought it was a flow issue, but after changing that up several times, it occurred to me that it could be the light is being disrupted by salt creep and such from the crack.

So, if anyone has gone topless on a Marineland 125, let me know what you want for a top please.
    Thanks,
    Noah

2. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    You can get glass cut to size at some of the smaller hardware stores like Ace or True Value, and sometimes Home Depot. Then just buy a piece of emory cloth and knock down the sharp edges, is just takes a minute on each edge to do this.

Make sure you get double-strength glass, the thickest they usually carry (should be about 1/8" thick)

3. Drewster

Cedar Rapids
    Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    The box stores are a good place to go, I've also had success going to a place that does window glass like safelite or in the Cedar Rapids area Allied Glass. Theyve cut me larger pieces for very cheap. Not 100% if safelite will have what you need or if they've just gone strictly automotive. My local shop used to do both.

4. Whitey

Ames, IA
    Ratings:
    +20 / 1 / -0
    I've got an Ace near me in north Ames. I'll give them a try. Thanks!